Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terraria
if were actually gonna do this how are we gonna do it.
We could host a server and invite everyone through steam.
(07-24-2017, 07:43 PM)medsal15 Wrote: We could host a server and invite everyone through steam.

I bought it from GOG, so steamworks-based stuff won't work for me frown
In order to make this actually a thing a date and time must be set the rest can be figured out from there. I propose tuesdays and thursdays at 9pm EST if that works for everyone.
Does Terraria even really need set times except for when whoever's hosting it can have it running? It's not like D&D/Civ/whatever where you really need to make sure everyone is good with the timing. shrug
Thats true I guess so really we just need someone capable of hosting. Although id be against having it up everyday as in my opinion I think things like these work best when progress is made as a group.
Shit, I have not played this in ages. I would be totally up for a goon game if someone can host because my network is garbage.
(07-24-2017, 08:35 PM)Tarmunora Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 07:43 PM)medsal15 Wrote: We could host a server and invite everyone through steam.

I bought it from GOG, so steamworks-based stuff won't work for me frown

If we can't invite certain people via steam, they would need an IP address from whoever's hosting.

If we're not doing a daily thing, would a server be necessary then?
Mark me down as another who'd like to join.

I am a fan of the Thorium mod, so I'd recommend that be added if that's alright. It's balanced around vanilla, and integrates pretty seamlessly I think. The only issue is that everyone would need to install Tmodloader, which is super easy to get. After you've installed the mod loader, you can easily use the in-game mod browser to install Thorium.

Also, Terraria is definitely a group game. If one person went ahead and started killing bosses (especially the Wall of Flesh), that could massively fuck over everyone else to the point of being unplayable due to insane difficulty.
i think its best to keep the game vanilla because the mods might fuck things up making things harder.
I'm indifferent to mods as long as they aren't too unbalanced either way.
On an unrelated note, expert mode world?
(07-25-2017, 07:42 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: On an unrelated note, expert mode world?

Please no expert.

For mods, I suggest we go vanilla until we beat the game and restart with mods afterwards. Assuming we still want to keep going.
Only reason I brought up expert is because once you have 4+ people, which it looks like we will, everything becomes trivial in normal mode.
If there's a mod that adds expert mode population-based scaling without the other nastiness, we should put that on and leave it normal mode though.
We can always find ways to make things interesting.

I know it's not particularly hard to make teams in the game.
Been wanting to finish off the rest of the game after the mechanical bosses, but singleplayer is a dull grind, so yeah.