Thread Rating:
  • 61 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(02-20-2019, 01:11 PM)Haprenti Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 07:10 PM)qwertyquerty Wrote: Cable a bunch of potatoes together to make a makeshift SMES to power the station

Comes along with high voltage blue potatoes. Cable enough of them with high potency to shockgib people. Also contains small amounts of voltagen relative to potency.

Voltagen-rich bluetatoes sound like a nice mutation actually,
(02-20-2019, 02:00 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(02-20-2019, 01:11 PM)Haprenti Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 07:10 PM)qwertyquerty Wrote: Cable a bunch of potatoes together to make a makeshift SMES to power the station

Comes along with high voltage blue potatoes. Cable enough of them with high potency to shockgib people. Also contains small amounts of voltagen relative to potency.

Voltagen-rich bluetatoes sound like a nice mutation actually,

Potatoes as single use batteries for things like teasers and batons
Make broborg's sound synthesizer malfunction more often and also draw from more sounds(i.e. like the one genetic mutation does during certain circumstances).

A single unit synthflesh minipatch for civilian cyborgs to be able to patch small injuries while not having enough for full blown doctoring work to make the module more well-rounded.

Separate janitorial items and/or make a janitor module with the ability to morph into a sentient floor buffer that can also give people a ride and back.
Been thinking about lethal guns (revolvers/shotguns) having a less lethal choice with "shoot to maim" with less damage but a % chance for status/stuns.  

Shoot Intents
Help - safety [bash] 
Disarm - shoot to maim [bash]
Grab - shoot to kill [holdup]
Harm - shoot to kill [point-blank]
Derelicts, debris, and adventure zones (that are human-made) should have light tubes and bulbs that can be replaced and fixed, as well as the walls being usable to attach things to

They should also have APCs, and broken ones should be fixable
Make it so going down disposals with the door open is guaranteed to kill you again. If you are gonna jump down there as an escape route, you better hope that someone closed the door.
The guns idea warrants a thread, go do
(02-27-2019, 04:06 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Make it so going down disposals with the door open is guaranteed to kill you again. If you are gonna jump down there as an escape route, you better hope that someone closed the door.

I feel like we should just put that door on a timer, where it routinely opens and shuts on a 30 to 60 second cycle
A timer sounds neat. If hacked or maybe just emagged it'd set a manual override, allowing you to toggle the door open and closed without it automatically doing anything
(02-27-2019, 12:37 PM)Tombi Wrote: Been thinking about lethal guns (revolvers/shotguns) having a less lethal choice with "shoot to maim" with less damage but a % chance for status/stuns.  

Shoot Intents
Help - safety [bash]
Disarm - shoot to maim [bash]
Grab - shoot to kill [holdup]
Harm - shoot to kill [point-blank]

Adding flavor text to pistol whipping sounds like an idea.
Killswitchable robo-organs.
Imagine catching an antag, giving them robo-organs (heart, butt, eyes) then reluntantly recruit them as extra muscle for security.
Tombi Tokuro says: "Traitor Mcguffin drag yourself self to medbay now!! Or I'll killswitch your sorry ass!".
Oughta take a bit more work than making a regular robo-organ.
(03-01-2019, 01:40 PM)Tombi Wrote: Killswitchable robo-organs.
Imagine catching an antag, giving them robo-organs (heart, butt, eyes) then reluntantly recruit them as extra muscle for security.
Tombi Tokuro says: "Traitor Mcguffin drag yourself self to medbay now!! Or I'll killswitch your sorry ass!".

This one is a gem
(03-01-2019, 02:59 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

This one is a gem

Yeah, I like. Add cyberorgans 2day.

Would be fun to give em like other things to temporarily deactivate organs to give em a scare. Like make em blind or turn off their lungs for a second to get em to cooperate.
(03-01-2019, 03:21 PM)kyle2143 Wrote:

This one is a gem

Would be fun to give em like other things to temporarily deactivate organs to give em a scare. Like make em blind or turn off their lungs for a second to get em to cooperate.

The syndicate cyberheart detonates!
Adding a timer to a heart bomb.
(03-01-2019, 03:30 PM)Kovirii Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 03:21 PM)kyle2143 Wrote:

This one is a gem

The syndicate cyberheart detonates!
Adding a timer to a heart bomb.

Customized cyborg organs that let you interface with them with a PDA app. Turn up your heart rate to have faster stamina recharge, speed up or slow down your metabolism. Adjust the light sensitivities of your eyes. The tensile strength of your grip.

But not only will tweaking these things have long term consequences to your overall health and safety, they could also be hacked