Thread Rating:
  • 61 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(07-12-2017, 09:48 AM)Musketman12 Wrote: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7055
This is what originally inspired my idea for "Melee egun"
(07-12-2017, 09:54 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I like the idea of a hammer more than an axe. Kinda invokes the sense of a gavel
I had a hammer in mind while typing it though.
(07-12-2017, 10:01 AM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 09:48 AM)Musketman12 Wrote: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7055
This is what originally inspired my idea for "Melee egun"
(07-12-2017, 09:54 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I like the idea of a hammer more than an axe. Kinda invokes the sense of a gavel
I had a hammer in mind while typing it though.

For a more gimmicky thought, if HOS is going to get a weapon that only HOS can use by means of implant, and it's gonna be a hammer, it's pretty clear that some nanotrasen/centcom nerd had "project Mjölnir" as a design name.

Especially if it's a glorified stun baton.

Of course they should stress the importance of not throwing the hammer at nearly everyone because centcom is too cheap to make the hammer fly back into your hands.
"Antique energy sword"
"This marvel of modern technology produ... Dammet, the battery is burnt out, and the monkey screws are stuck or something, without a battery this blunt piece of shit is only useful to the clown."
The clown should get an inflatable hammer that honks when he hits someone with it
(07-12-2017, 03:46 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: The clown should get an inflatable hammer that honks when he hits someone with it

these exist from christmas presents, it sucks they are only around at spacemas though

teleport artifacts should do SOMETHING if they dont have a valid ID set. maybe super low chance to remove a limb or something? or teleport a short distance away randomly?
Advanced toy sword: A c-saber that deals no damage of any kind. Also not marked as contraband.
(07-12-2017, 07:45 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Advanced toy sword: A c-saber that deals no damage of any kind. Also not marked as contraband.

don't regular toy swords do no damage? and aren't marked as contraband?
Organic metal mutation. Basically your skin is now metal, but there's a lot of tradeoffs because I'm not that dumb.

Body is now super conductive to heat, space and fire will give you extra burn damage. (so it should cancel out any thermal resistance)

Body gains extra mass, giving a slight umph to punches.

Less resistance to tasers and lasers (you're a walking conductor now Harry)

Body is now reinforced against brute damage of most kinds, except for cylume sabers which will burn you. Could make you bulletproof depending on whether or not that's a terrible idea.

As a Hulkternative, excess brute damage or burn damage will still cause your metal skin to fall off. Also a metal skinned crewmember still isn't quite as strong as the hulk, just more resistant to hulk's punches.

The sprite could just be a normal human sprite, except shifted grey via byond code probably.

edit: As another good balance, this requires that strength mutation to allow movement otherwise you're just a statue that can breath.

Optional bad balance: Combining any potential statuary effects with nanites results in a much faster and stable borging process, although your victims will be none too happy. Roboticist will love genetics though if you give them a few metal skin injectors because the nanites have more to work with.

tl;dr A metal hulk substitute that sunburns easily, and may be a prime canidate for any sudden injection of nanites because it's already part metal. Where do your genes get the metal from? I dunno.
new round end pop up statistic - most hearts eaten - shows name of character and byond id of player who ate the most hearts during that round

also most organs eaten

because the best thing to do when you come into a room where people have been exploded is to start shoveling the edible organs into your mouth
(07-12-2017, 10:39 PM)misto Wrote: new round end pop up statistic - most hearts eaten - shows name of character and byond id of player who ate the most hearts during that round

also most organs eaten

because the best thing to do when you come into a room where people have been exploded is to start shoveling the edible organs into your mouth

yes i love eating hearts and also winning competitions
(07-12-2017, 08:03 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 07:45 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Advanced toy sword: A c-saber that deals no damage of any kind. Also not marked as contraband.

don't regular toy swords do no damage? and aren't marked as contraband?

All I want is a toy sword that sounds like a c-saber.
(07-12-2017, 08:28 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Judge Dredd gun

Have it actually change fire type based on things that are spoken around it. Obviously it shouldn't just be tied to the holder, because way more hilarious that way.

Quote:Officer Grumpbutt fires the NanoTransen Pacifier Sidearm at the floor
Officer Grumpbutt fires the NanoTransen Pacifier Sidearm at the floor
The taser shot hits Goof McAssistant
Giggles The Clown says "Incendiary"
Officer Grumpbutt fires the NanoTransen Pacifier Sidearm at the floor
The taser shot hits Goof McAssistant
The incendiary shot hits Goof McAssistant
Goof McAssistant screams
Officer Grumpbutt screams
Giggles The Clown screams
Emagging it and then saying "I AM THE LAW" around it should cause it to fire double-emagged beepskys. Saying "I AM THE LAW" without emagging it first will gib you into a securitron.
(07-09-2017, 06:01 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 12:20 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: make emagging a clown change its name randomly.

emag the clown to turn it into a frown

fill the clown with microbombs as an objective.
(07-12-2017, 10:39 PM)misto Wrote: new round end pop up statistic - most hearts eaten - shows name of character and byond id of player who ate the most hearts during that round

also most organs eaten

how about a rotating statistic that includes this as well as several other things, like "farted most", "screamed most" etc.