Thread Rating:
  • 61 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
make emagging a clown change its name randomly.
(07-06-2017, 12:20 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: make emagging a clown change its name randomly.

And give them a random clown costume variant
(07-06-2017, 12:38 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 12:20 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: make emagging a clown change its name randomly.

And give them a random clown costume variant
And maybe tiny chance to Cluwne both the clown and the emagger? Or else people are just gonna keep emagging it over and over until they get their perfect OC mary sue clown henchman
Give Captains whitelisted for HoS armory access
Add a mentor channel called MOOC
(07-07-2017, 07:26 AM)Maegor Wrote: Add a mentor channel called MOOC

theres a mentor irc channel. the only time i need to talk specifically to other mentors is when clarifying a discrepancy between answers to a question, in which case i just reply to them via their reply
Making another server with an older goonstation version and calling it "The Classic" (poo included)
I think its shit because some annoying bugs need to be stomped out first from that version, and nobody has time for that.
(07-09-2017, 12:57 AM)Atlz90 Wrote: Making another server with an older goonstation version and calling it "The Classic" (poo included)
I think its shit because some annoying bugs need to be stomped out first from that version, and nobody has time for that.

I think if you really wanted it to be a terrible idea, make it goonstation uncensored.

But I guess at that point you'd just have hippie on goon code but with poo flinging.

As for an idea that is probably dumb but just dorky enough to work.

Morse Component: A mechanical component that only sends morse code through signals, as - and _

It can be connected through speakers, but you still need to understand morse, or improvise your own codes with whomever is on the other end. Hooking it up to a light component can result in flashes of light in whatever order the morse beeps are.
Make the lottery into a raffle so that somebody always wins, but announce the winner.
(07-06-2017, 04:02 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Give Captains whitelisted for HoS armory access

Captains not having access is intentional. The HoS has access normally, otherwise you gotta break in or convince a borg/the AI to open it for you.
(07-09-2017, 01:32 PM)Berrik Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 04:02 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Give Captains whitelisted for HoS armory access

Captains not having access is intentional. The HoS has access normally, otherwise you gotta break in or convince a borg/the AI to open it for you.

Yes I gathered that. Hence why this is in the suggestion thread and not a bug report.

Not that it was particularly well thought out or explained, but my reason for suggesting that they be given access is that these are players who are generally trusted not to loot the entire armory at round start and use it to grief as non-antags etc, and if they do it as antags, well there's no real change there considering it's used almost exclusively by traitors emagging their way in anyway.
(07-06-2017, 12:20 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: make emagging a clown change its name randomly.

emag the clown to turn it into a frown
(07-09-2017, 02:46 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Yes I gathered that. Hence why this is in the suggestion thread and not a bug report.

Not that it was particularly well thought out or explained, but my reason for suggesting that they be given access is that these are players who are generally trusted not to loot the entire armory at round start and use it to grief as non-antags etc, and if they do it as antags, well there's no real change there considering it's used almost exclusively by traitors emagging their way in anyway.

Captains aren't trusted to do shit! They are almost always new players or those dumbos who play with cap on favourite so they can grief with all access. Captains are just staff assistants with better IDs

Unless you meant captains that are whitelisted HoS' get armory access as captain as well? That'd still be dumb cause any time they get cap traitor they'd just loot the armory
AI PDA packet functions get a special range that encompasses the whole ship. Putting this in questionable ideas since I'm not entirely sure how strong packet-fu is yet.
(07-09-2017, 07:22 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: AI PDA packet functions get a special range that encompasses the whole ship. Putting this in questionable ideas since I'm not entirely sure how strong packet-fu is yet.

There isn't that much packet fu stuff that the ai can't do just by clicking on stuff so I wouldn't be worried