Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Crates for QM
Name: DISCOUNT DAN'S MYSTERY FUN BOX
Desc:. It's a mystery!
Contents: random chance of tier 1 abandoned crate loot or useless junk (e meter etc)
Price: 2000-5000
Why you think it'd be good: there's no discount Dan crate yet
Name: Instrument Crate
Desc: Everything you need for a noisy marching band!
Contents: 1x of each instrument OR random instruments, including ones that currently can't be acquired (like fiddles)
Price: Roughly the same as a paint crate (High cost without anything of practical value inside)
Why: Making instruments with the crafting system is slow and tedious frown Let's just throw money at the problem and buy "professionally" made ones.
There's some good ideas here!

I can do random items within a pool of items, but I have to also make a separate item containing the items to pick randomly from.

Does that make sense?

I hope so.
(01-30-2017, 12:05 AM)Grifflez Wrote: Name: Instrument Crate
Contents: 1x of each instrument OR random instruments, including ones that currently can't be acquired (like fiddles)
Price: Roughly the same as a paint crate (High cost without anything of practical value inside)
Why: Making instruments with the crafting system is slow and tedious frown Let's just throw money at the problem and buy "professionally" made ones.

idea: random instrument parts with random materials in a crate maybe also
(02-03-2017, 02:42 AM)zewaka Wrote:

items may have shifted and/or fallen apart during transit
Not sure anybody else would want this:
Name: Emergency blah blah Oxygen Blah Tanks or whatever sounds good
Desc: 4 Emergency oxygen tanks
Price: Dunno.
Why: Because nicely asking QM for a crate is better than searching every wall cabinet - especially when you don't have maint access. Or in dire emergencies.
Alternative: Change the existing crate to have emergency oxygen tanks instead of the big white ones.
Name: The crate that eats you
Desc: This is that crate
Price: One time purchase of 8888

The item name and description is also what you see when looking at it. If you try to open it, it pulls you inside, munches you, and spits out your stuff
Name: DISCOUNT DAN'S Bloody messy Bloody Blood Bags.
Desc: Offer void if you are a Vampire. (NT makes me say that, meet me on SS14)
Contents: 4 x IV-Blood pack
Price: 3000
Why you think it'd be good: The only way to get IV-bloodbags currently is via donations, a very long and dangerous process. Once CameronWoof new feature goes live, people will nick the 4 in the surgery fridge within 5 minutes of round start. So we will need a new reliable source.
Name: Riot Suppression Equipment (Security Locked)
Desc: Nanotrasen approved riot shotguns for your riot suppression needs!
Contents: 2x Riot Shotgun, 2x Rubber Slugs
Price: 6000
Why you think it'd be good: Nobody ever bothers to open the armory AND distrubute everything to the crew, also cargo doesnt has that much guns. Through riot shotguns work as a high-range taser, so it might be a biiit unbalanced.
I'm going to resuggest an idea I thought up in the earlier QM order thread.

Name: Novelty Clothing Crate (Reworked)
Desc: Same as the original.
Contents: x15 random pieces of clothing
Price: 15000
Why you think it'd be good: All those gimmick outfits buried in the code will actually be used more than never or once in a blue moon now. Also, Space Station 13 needs more access to silly outfits.

It has an assortment of novelty clothing like the original crate, but instead of x15 set clothing items, it randomly picks them from a list of novelty clothing, including the original outfits, as well as outfits that are so far only accessible via admin intervention and/or spacemas.
Name: Toy Chest
Desc: A chest for toys.
Contents: x15 random toys like the ones you occasionally get out of the stocking/gifts (the revolver with the flag, the toy csaber, flippers, maybe the figurines, banana grenade?)
Price: 15000
Why you think it'd be good: You don't really see a lot of the stocking/gift objects outside of Christmas. This'd make it possible to bring them on-station any time of year. The price would stop people from ordering a bunch of them every round and running them into the ground.
(02-03-2017, 02:42 AM)zewaka Wrote:

I like that. 'Surplus Instrument Parts Crate'. It's surprisingly expensive to make the parts for a trumpet after all.
Name: Hydroponics: Plant Tray Pack
Desc: Extra trays to grow plants in.
Contents: 2x Hydroponics Tray, and nothing else.
Price: 150
Why you think it'd be good: Allows a boost to tray count without having to buy all of the other crap that comes in the standard Starter Crate along with it.
Name: Totally Legal Crate
Desc: Very legal pill bottles.
Contents: 4 random very legal ???? pill bottles.
Price: 10000
For when you just can'g get enough Midnight Piss or Grave Breeze.
I'm going through and making a bunch of these, woooo

Also, If you've asked for stuff in your crate that does not currently exist, I'll probably not make it because that's more difficult!