Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security QoL tweaks/hot takes
Kinda out of place, kinda not: Are riot shotguns even useful anymore? I never see them used. Since there's a few different shells I figured they'd be sec's goto swiss army gun, but that didn't pan out.
Riot shotguns are generally regarded as useful, but too dangerous to use on humans. Rubber slugs stun on the first hit, but cause a not insignificant amount of brute damage. Flare shots can set people on fire, which is only really useful against blobs or shambling abominations, and then you can get flamethrowers from the armory's anti-biological crate. As far as I know, you can't get the other shotgun shell types as a non-traitor.
If you can bust into the listening post, you can buy the explosive shells, and I think they work in the riot gun.
Oh, I forgot it was possible to get in there as a non-traitor. How do you get in there anyway? Last time I tried I couldn't hack the door. Do you need bombs to get in there or is there some other way?
(02-02-2017, 06:29 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Oh, I forgot it was possible to get in there as a non-traitor. How do you get in there anyway? Last time I tried I couldn't hack the door. Do you need bombs to get in there or is there some other way?

You can get an agent card at one of the telesci locations, and i think a voltron works too
does the rcd still work for deconstructing the listening post door or was that changed?
You know, in all my time of playing, I'm disappointment that I've never seen a dramatic using of the armory. What I mean is: all hell breaks loose, a group of security (hah) is forced to huddle at sec, the HOS appears and opens the armory, security kits up, and then goes out to quell the chaos.
yes, its a bit sad. probably because we're so heavily focused on lone wolf antags or tiny groups, thus there is minimal call for actual "riot control" as there are rarely any "riots". ps update and testrun improved rev variants
That actually used to happen once in a blue moon during old nuke rounds; it's just been a long time. It took an HoS being on and a Captain that didn't get murdered/leave the disk in their safe, so it rarely happened. Fun to watch when it did though.
(02-02-2017, 06:10 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Riot shotguns are generally regarded as useful, but too dangerous to use on humans. Rubber slugs stun on the first hit, but cause a not insignificant amount of brute damage. Flare shots can set people on fire, which is only really useful against blobs or shambling abominations, and then you can get flamethrowers from the armory's anti-biological crate. As far as I know, you can't get the other shotgun shell types as a non-traitor.

They used to be. Nowadays they blow you back, do around 7 damage, and drop your stamina by half. It doesn't even drop you to the floor. Just tested this with the bartender's gun.

The only thing I had a problem with in the past was that they did 20-some damage and the bartender would just unload on you because lolwhynot.

edit: Oh I thought concurrent posts got added together. Whoops.
doent drrop u to the floor? that dont ound right. were u testingon an armord volunteer?
QoL improvement: Please move the security segways into the security locker room. They can replace that useless sleeper. Currently, they're a liability, as cuffed people can get on them to stun officers and escape.
(02-03-2017, 07:19 PM)Grek Wrote: QoL improvement: Please move the security segways into the security locker room. They can replace that useless sleeper. Currently, they're a liability, as cuffed people can get on them to stun officers and escape.

intended feature
Map trolling. It's a bit like the PTL being put in an incredibly inconvenient (for non engineers) place.

As for the shotgun, yeah - I tossed a monkey as knife, gave it a punch, and shot it while it chased me. The monkey got kicked back, but just kept running at me with the knife. Didn't get sent horizontal. Didn't slow down. Didn't (or I didn't see it) drop the knife. Even shot myself point blank with little effect.

Unless the barman's shotgun is nerfed specifically, or monkeys and self-shootings are just special, tasers are objectively better.