Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP ***
That's what we in the biz call a 'joke'.
Dabir Wrote:That's what we in the biz call a 'joke'.

So you're telling me you we're just joking? :/
Goddamnit! I took it seriously!
Just kidding tho :P
More werk:

Ego Orb http://goonhub.com/maps/cogmap2 Ego Orb
Cogwerks Wrote:More werk:

Ego Orb http://goonhub.com/maps/cogmap2 Ego Orb
I'm loving it already, playtesting when?
The clown bop bag should be where the captain spawns.
One thing that's bothering me a bit is engineering. I know that the layout was designed for the other engine, but with the current setup a hellburn is going to set EVERYTHING on fire rather than just the engine room.

Also the PTL being right next to the engine means that unless you give it one setting/there's a way of controlling it remotely, no-one will be able to reach it to change it.

Sexy stuff elsewhere hough, so keep up the good work!
Nurdock Wrote:One thing that's bothering me a bit is engineering. I know that the layout was designed for the other engine, but with the current setup a hellburn is going to set EVERYTHING on fire rather than just the engine room.

Also the PTL being right next to the engine means that unless you give it one setting/there's a way of controlling it remotely, no-one will be able to reach it to change it.

Maybe... And just maybe.. I'm throwing this out here..

They're trying to discourage hellburning.
Sex_Robot Wrote:
Nurdock Wrote:One thing that's bothering me a bit is engineering. I know that the layout was designed for the other engine, but with the current setup a hellburn is going to set EVERYTHING on fire rather than just the engine room.

Maybe... And just maybe.. I'm throwing this out here..

They're trying to discourage hellburning.

Then what's the point of the PTL?

It won't generate any significant revenue without a hellburn.
Noah Buttes Wrote:Then what's the point of the PTL?

It won't generate any significant revenue without a hellburn.

I wonder if the "TESLA?" engine can "HELLBURN" in somekinda way :/

And if the PTL is on it'll block the path BAR-MEDBAY unless you use a pod
Hortford Wrote:And if the PTL is on it'll block the path BAR-MEDBAY unless you use a pod

Remember that there are mechanics on board?
If you don't. Carry on!
If you do! Hope that they are competent!
If they are! Hooray!
If they ain't... Robust their skulls in!
If they are traitorous scums!?! RUN
Fix plees :d
It's haunting me in my dreams!
q.q
[Image: 23fd78398a3289f6bc241d1175979440.png]
Unless it has been recently changed, you can limbo under the PTL beam.
Hellburn heat could be dealt with through special shielding. Unless the code just can't handle the numbers. Engineering could have special walls and windows that could straight up disallow heat transfer. Or maybe give the CE and RD a fire-resistant metal foam that disallows, or cuts in half the heat transfer on a tile. A smart CE can do a lot to mitigate heat transfer in the current setup with a few strategically placed holes, even.

I do think the PTL being that close to the engine is a bit dangerous. I like it. This way you wouldn't just sit by the PTL and wait around. You'd rush to the PTL, dodging the rampant lightning strikes, quickly set the PTL to a decent number, then run back out as nothing but fire in the shape of a human... sounds pretty romantic actually. Really though, with internals, a suit, an extinguisher, and a firekit -- you can basically wander around in an inferno like you're on a stroll and come out looking like a champ. The sparks are your only problem because it can cause you to drop your things, which will invariably burst into a little ball of fire. I lost my skull like that once.

The path through the laser can be dealt with by having a few buttons that close the shutters for five seconds. This could also be used for trolling the engineers. Great fun for everyone. Or it could be shoved across the hallway. That's a tad boring though.
Gannets Wrote:Unless it has been recently changed, you can limbo under the PTL beam.

[Image: 53f99962e3094409bf425c880f98d3e2.png]
See all em Blast doors? No going under it neither q.q