Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP ***
To be able to make a map in a game like Spacestation and then getting to watch loads of people have endless amounts of fun must be such a nice feeling.

I don't know you at all Cog but I hope your life gets better!
pizzatiger Wrote:Fixed that for you, Those are no reasons to apologize for. Specially with this being a dumb spessmen game that isn't as important as your real life

I much prefer working on spaceman nonsense vs. real life though :{
Bumping becouse yes.
I stayed up ALL NIGHT and got some more mapfusslin' done.

http://i.imgur.com/ZYOwlom.png
Civilian sector - reworked Crew Quarters B so it becomes the Assistant Dome opposite the south end's Monkey Dome.

http://i.imgur.com/JlOjZKq.png
Engine- tore out the laser fusion mockup, back to combustion until that project is done later.

http://i.imgur.com/mgwx01Z.png
Medsci- shifted monkeydome and genetics around a bunch. Sorta-public lobby that'll can be toggled unlocked if you want chumps to come in for mutations.

Please ignore the missing airlocks to north and south solars for now.
Wow Cogwerks the new Genetics looks awesome !

Perhaps this layout could lead to Genetics Cloning and Genetics Research becoming two different types of ID access.
Letting people ask for genetics access to help with cloning, really good work big grin!
This is awesome and so are you. I must say, I'm really excited for the idea of a laser fusion type engine. It'd give experimenting with materials a great new edge.
Added the power transmission laser to cogmap2 in the least safe way.
Click for wider view-

[Image: zhwEDLl.png]
I approve of the laser placement. Between it and the modifications to belthell, this is becoming Safety Station
This will be more of a reason to tread the halls cautiously. Space OSHA will surely be up in arms about this.
i actually don't enjoy that placement, simply because when the laser is on there's absolutely no way around it at all except completely going around the station (or using maint, which not everyone can go into i think?) and that's annoying
quiltyquilty Wrote:i actually don't enjoy that placement, simply because when the laser is on there's absolutely no way around it at all except completely going around the station (or using maint, which not everyone can go into i think?) and that's annoying
Include a shutters button in the hallway so people can pass through. Make it on a timer though, so they'll reopen automatically.

Should be handy when a chase is happening.
Wonderful, this is the most correct place for the laser.
The new laser placement allows for traitors to strap straightjacketed assistants to chairs in the hall crossing whilst twirling their fake moustaches and battling the cowboy gettupped detective.
I feel like there might need to be some sort of minor warning light and delay before the laser fires to prevent anti-social engineers from accidentally killing people because they didn't warn the crew.
Personally i would make the laser run through some floor pipes in the half of the walkway nearest the emitter. If it gets too intense though it should totally melt through the pipes and floor tiles. This way it gives some room for sabotaging it rather than just everyone always heading through the command sector to reach the southern half of the station.