Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebalance Robotic Modules + tools
(05-17-2017, 12:27 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Portable corpse mulcher

Well i was just going to make it accept stray body parts, meatball pizza, viscerite etc. but if you WANT me to let borgs dispose of bodies like that i can
(05-17-2017, 01:33 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 12:27 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Portable corpse mulcher

Well i was just going to make it accept stray body parts, meatball pizza, viscerite etc. but if you WANT me to let borgs dispose of bodies like that i can
"MEDBORG S.H.I.T IS EATING PEOPLE IN THE BAR!!!"
(05-17-2017, 11:32 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Okay so, i was hit with a flash of inspiration for a thing while i was coding.

I'm going to try and make a device that acts as a clonescanner, portable enzymatic reclaimer and spare limb cloner for the medborg. Wish me luck!

The way the cloning scanners (and other medical equipment) on TG work is you walk or move someone over the open scanner then click it to open/close. That way players that cant grab stuff like borgs can still use it.
Okay so Mordent taught me how to not be absolutely godawful at git yesterday, so i now have a github branch open with the bugfixes!

https://github.com/amaranthineApocalypse...org-rework

Feel free to download, compile and take a look around.

Please bear in mind that recent versions of byond detest the 510 build and so will cause infinite runtimes when compiled and run. Currently i am using 511.1359 which seems to work just fine

DL Link: https://secure.byond.com/download/build/..._byond.zip
There's a way to not be godawful at git? I thought that was just an inherent feature of the git toolset.
(05-19-2017, 06:50 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: There's a way to not be godawful at git? I thought that was just an inherent feature of the git toolset.

Apparently yes!
BING BONG. Mining borgs need a barcode printer so they can act as a QM.
Apparently, click + drag compatible ovens and mixers survived the codestorm, however sinks and deep fryers need this functionality added.

I'm going to give kitchen borgs a cooking multitool with a knife/fork/spoon/rolling pin/anything i've missed, and some sort of item that allows them to do a pseudo-combine-in-hand so that they can be proper chefs. 

Once these are done, that should be the civborg finished

EDIT: Apparently you can load things from anywhere so long as you can see the oven. Hooray for poltergeist cooking
(05-18-2017, 12:07 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 11:32 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Words.

The way the cloning scanners (and other medical equipment) on TG work is you walk or move someone over the open scanner then click it to open/close. That way players that cant grab stuff like borgs can still use it.

I love this; however, it would require respriting any devices using this method. Although, that is not a criticism just pointing out the obvious.
Okay so, this is mostly for my own benefit, but i'm going to make a list of what still remains to be done here:
  • The Brobot magic pen
  • A bug with the cargoporter where it won't list more than one locker/crate of the same type
  • Borg genetics scanner/cloner thing
  • Mining borg ore processor
  • Make it so that the brobocop tape recorder can't eject it's tape
  • I think the portable oven isn't necessary anymore, since this enables clickdrag cooking (Sorry Sundance   frown )
  • Cooking omnitool for civbot (Knife, fork, spoon, etc.)
  • Sprites need to be replaced.
  • Mining borg needs a barcode printer
Essentially? This patch is almost done. Though, that being said, i think there are a few things in here that don't have sprites but still need them, i'll update you all on those once i'm going through replacing them.
Brobot magic pen is done.
(05-26-2017, 04:26 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Brobot magic pen is done.

Congratulations.
(05-26-2017, 01:18 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Okay so, this is mostly for my own benefit, but i'm going to make a list of what still remains to be done here:
  • The Brobot magic pen
  • A bug with the cargoporter where it won't list more than one locker/crate of the same type
  • Borg genetics scanner/cloner thing
  • Mining borg ore processor
  • Make it so that the brobocop tape recorder can't eject it's tape
  • I think the portable oven isn't necessary anymore, since this enables clickdrag cooking (Sorry Sundance   frown )
  • Cooking omnitool for civbot (Knife, fork, spoon, etc.)
  • Sprites need to be replaced.
  • Mining borg needs a barcode printer
Essentially? This patch is almost done. Though, that being said, i think there are a few things in here that don't have sprites but still need them, i'll update you all on those once i'm going through replacing them.

Stay safe from any code storms, we're counting on you
There was a thunderstorm today.

Nothing of note happened during it.

The borg barcode scanner is finished

Also the borg taperecorder can now no longer eject it's tape.
After being informed of a rather easy way to do it, both the ore refiner and the the portable oven now exist and are functional. 

I've decided against the kitchen multitool since only three of the implements are actually needed for cooking as far as i can tell and one of them would be incredibly awkward to do.

The problem with the cargoporter readout is now fixed.

Noah has reminded me that i need to create a siren for the brobot, but that should be piss easy

I still need to finish the borg clonescan/limbreplacer thing.

And i need to start applying sprites to everything.

But essentially? The code for this is almost completely done.