Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't let headspidered crew run off and kill themselves
[Image: d34381463607454dbcb355d9ee125e8c.png]
[Image: 1ad253bff3f6035bb9a2b2204d5dc37f.png]

No. It's annoying enough to get jumped (read: gently, silently poked) and have your fluids sucked out, or be trapped in an (until JUST recently) involuntary hivemind. Let players keep some agency when dealing with the ling for once and be able to kill themselves if they get headspidered, it's the ling's own fault for getting to that point. Otherwise you give them a get out of jail free card.

EDIT: Besides, 'no-selling' the ling is what the ling does to almost everyone else. If you're alone and a guy stings you, you're probably dead, rip, go ghostdrone it's over. Think you've killed him? Probably not by most metrics.
(03-20-2017, 04:39 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: Yeah if you get caught as a Changeling you deserve to be punished in every way possible. At most I would say make the headspider take over the person faster as I've been headspidered before and the crew dragged me all the way from Med-Bay though the bar and to the grinder and killed me and the headspider never took over my body.
Did that change since like a year ago?

Last time I got headspidered was on cog1 (discounting the times I've sr'd one), and it was in the operating theater -- and I got taken over before they could cut it out. It was either Reset or Grace doin the cuttin'. Dions might have been there too.

... Grace, Zewaka, Dions, Gannets... ALL REDHEADS!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Did I just find a ginger conspiracy? Oh no. oh no lidge Also why do I remember what color hair they have holy shit I need a life. Oh well, at least I'm drunk. ish. enough to not care. Here's to us!
Yeah, Headspiders have been significantly sped up over the years
(03-20-2017, 12:47 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Yeah, Headspiders have been significantly sped up over the years

Enough that the short stroll from the bar to medbay will do it. If you don't have someone ready to take it out the moment it jumps you it's pretty much RIP.
That was recently (last time we went to cogmap1) as I was grumpy with the people who killed me instead of cutting it out of me. I forgave them as they had no way of knowing but did tell them they had more then enough time to save me.

EDIT: That was before the pull nerf though so that more then likely plays a factor into it now.