Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't let headspidered crew run off and kill themselves
Seriously, the one time I've ever seen a headspider actually headspider someone, they just got up, dumped an artbeaket full of acid and fire on themself, then jumped out the airlock. I wasn't even the ling and I thought that was bs.

Instead of newly headspidered crew being able to get up after the brief initial stun, give the ling control of the crew when they stand, but leave the crew in control of their voice until they fully turn. This way pissy crewpissers can rat out the ling they just mostly-killed without being able to up and no-sale the ling with suicide.
(03-18-2017, 06:37 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Seriously, the one time I've ever seen a headspider actually headspider someone, they just got up, dumped an artbeaket full of acid and fire on themself, then jumped out the airlock. I wasn't even the ling and I thought that was bs.

Instead of newly headspidered crew being able to get up after the brief initial stun, give the ling control of the crew when they stand, but leave the crew in control of their voice until they fully turn. This way pissy crewpissers can rat out the ling they just mostly-killed without being able to up and no-sale the ling with suicide.

Hrm. Maybe just physical paralysis, instead of being able to control themselves? They could still shout out, but wouldn't be able to metagame that hard.
Nah, make both in control at the same time but unable to commit suicide.

LING: STOP STABBING YOURSELF
Victim stabs Victim with the Scalpel.
Victim stabs Victim with the Scalpel.
Victim: NEVER!
Victim throws Scalpel out airlock.
LING: DON'T YOU GO OUT THAT AIRLOCK
They're both moving left and right at the same time.
Victim: ARGH
just make it so the headspider instantly take control if they suicide/try to suicide
the victim should puke blood like how failed clone ppl do while being converted. just a thought

you can also apply dizziness stumbling and clumsiness dropping of shit too. this should make killing yourself somewhat more challenging
Killing yourself when a disembodied head crawls inside you sounds reasonable, honest. Especially with cloning technology.

It works. I've seen it work. It's rare, but it's there. The question is do you really wanna buff one of our most powerful antags?
(03-18-2017, 08:15 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Killing yourself when a disembodied head crawls inside you sounds reasonable, honest. Especially with cloning technology.

It works. I've seen it work. It's rare, but it's there. The question is do you really wanna buff one of our most powerful antags?

Yes.

Might be reasonable to do that, but it's just kinda gamey and poor sportsmanship all around.

Lings rule one-on-one, and the headspider is, as far as I can tell, part of that. The spiders are dead if there's anyone to assist the victim or the victim is reasonably robust in the lead up, and that should be more or less the only case.
Make it so both the ling and the victim are in control at the same time. And after a while only the ling has control.
(03-18-2017, 07:49 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: just make it so the headspider instantly take control if they suicide/try to suicide

I can get behind this, the more complicated methods are still an option.

Personally I love the panic when someone is headspidered and they only have a bit of time to deal with it
Eh, Personally I'd Like MORE ways to deal with those Evil Buggers, Drowning them in Booze or ODing them on Drugs to death while hoping not to die myself.
(03-18-2017, 07:49 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: just make it so the headspider instantly take control if they suicide/try to suicide

the most common way people suicide from headspiders is either jumping into the crusher or out of an airlock on the escape shuttle, and theres no way to detect that.
Yeah I don't see a problem here. If you can't get to surgery to get it removed what's wrong with sacrificing yourself to save the rest of the crew if you know you're already dead? Seems like a perfectly rational response to me.

Also if im not mistaken headspiders prevent suicide via the chat command (or at least should).
Headspiders are supposed to suck, how about changelings try dying less instead.
Yeah I've always thought headspiders were a last ditch hail mary shot at getting back into the game, not a 90% guaranteed resurrection. If some enterprising victim decides to take themselves out with chems, I say let them.
Yeah if you get caught as a Changeling you deserve to be punished in every way possible. At most I would say make the headspider take over the person faster as I've been headspidered before and the crew dragged me all the way from Med-Bay though the bar and to the grinder and killed me and the headspider never took over my body.

Changeling is the easiest antag role to master even with all the nerfs it's gotten though-out the years it's still pretty easy. Use stealth and common sense and try to pay attention to the little details you leave behind and you'll have little to no trouble.