Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Galactic Catalog
I thought about making a seperate thread, but I think it would be pretty cool if there was a grill that could use plasma (Maybe it could take space coal too) and cook meat.

Basically a way for captain or the chef to publicly show off their grilling skills. Maybe even add in a few fancy spices for specific effects.

Also this is a good way to figure out a recipe for smores.

People could buy it, bother engineering or science for fuel, and then make burgers or brats.

As for food maybe they could have a special "grilled" prefix.

So yeah maybe add a fancy grill you can buy into the catalog so a crewmen can show off their grillmaster skills, or HOS can have a cookout in security.

Grill's might have been suggested before. But I think a grill might be a fun catalog item.
I would love to get a crappy nerd katana. You spend a bunch of money on it, but no matter what you attack with it, you just hurt yourself.

Spaceman Spiff says, "I will be your Hanzo steel destructction!"
Spaceman Spiff fumbles around with the katana and cuts himself. Ouch!
Frank_Stein Wrote:Collectable crew action figures would be hella rad. Make it so you get a little capsule that gives you a random one.
Maybe there's a secret reward to collecting them all?

Also, you should be able to melt them down into plastic plus unique regents. You know, changeling is plastic+nerotoxin, wizard is plastic+LSD, etc.

Make wizard plastic and gibbis IMO.
thehman03 Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:Collectable crew action figures would be hella rad. Make it so you get a little capsule that gives you a random one.

Also, you should be able to melt them down into plastic plus unique regents. You know, changeling is plastic+nerotoxin, wizard is plastic+LSD, etc.

Make wizard plastic and gibbis IMO.
The fake gibbis yeah?

Changeling should be plastic + changeling blood. Make your own bloody scaries! Scare the crew!

As for ordering, why not just have it be an on-station trader like the suit vendor is now? Off in maintenance somewhere, crate just lands at your feet like it does with any other merchant. Alternatively, maybe have a console with a program on the PDA to print out an order form, and inserting your card (for money) + the order form spawns a crate under you or in the room.
Print off an order form, stick it in the delivery chute, and within two to twenty seconds a box comes flying at your face.
They should all be plastic+lead+whatever
Anticheese Wrote:Print off an order form, stick it in the delivery chute, and within two to twenty seconds a box comes flying at your face.
This is my favorite version of ordering practices.

The catalog could possibly have seasonal items that swap out, random items going on discounts during rounds, silly rewards like Tshirts or hats for spending so much in an order, or limited release items that only show up every 40 or so rounds.
How about a space station 13 version of those sponge critters that grow when you put them in water? You'd order a pill from the catalog, flush it down the toilet, and 15 minutes later a spacearachnid would crawl out! Or you could swallow the pill if you don't mind it eating its way out of your guts.
i dont think theres a point to this thread, if you wanna suggest gimmick items, post sprites for them, otherwise no one's going to bother