HoS application Roselin Wu
Music 
Usual character name: Roselin Wu
BYOND username: Drakios
Discord username (if you are on our discord):  Drakios
Recommended by (if applicable): I haven't asked anyone 
Goon servers you play: Goon 3, Morty

Reason for application: I always enjoy playing sec, there is always something going on and you work mostly as a team when shit goes down. I always respected the role of the HoS and tried my best to learn from each and every one of them, each time I see, how the HoS can effect the sec team in their performance or their mood if the shift was rough and I try often to do the same, either by teaching new sec, or by trying to order the chaos that is called sec.

Security experience (300 word minimum): When I started as an sec assistant I was like probably a lot of people nervous, luckily Otto Stockholm was HoS at the moment and took it in his hands too teach me and another secass the basics. This was also I think my first direct interaction with an HoS wich made me even more nervous but I tried my best. The funny thing was while we were trained, an Archfiend had a kind of personal war against sec with a pod, so as we learned how to use the shields, we had to use them immediately, at this moment I started to really like sec, because there is so much going on and I just love the chaos and how sec can work as a team.

So, I started to play sec more and more often, until I felt confident I could try to be a secoff. Nervous again, because of the new tools I now got but still concentrated to hopefully not fuck up, wich I naturally did at one shift were the current HoS in that round had given me the Pod Launcher because there was a threat in a pod outside, naturally I didn't know what the hell I was doing as people screamed at me I should shoot the guy, as I realized the launcher wasn't loaded and I almost blasted us in the face with it, in that moment, I learned its fine to fuck up, nobody was mad or something wich felt nice.

I had more and more sec shifts and it became my most played role, I became more confident and started too teach new secass myself and offered them help if they need any. It was mostly my priority to first teach the new people if nothing big is going on or if nobody else needs help. 
I had some stressful shifts filled with adrenaline, but it was always fun, and if it was sometimes to much I just took it easy or took a break from sec a bit.
My latest shifts were the most stressful but at the same time the most fun ones too, , first some calls that civilians that they were being glass thrown at them, as I tried to work on that the current captain wanted to talk to me to investigate something. First I didn't know why specifically me but later I saw that the few others of sec, were either morphine addicted or got some other small business, wich I think killed them later. As the shift was getting longer I was basically more alone the cap had their stuff stolen like always. I had to deal with someone wich threw glass and bombs and punished them with swirlies and a bit of brig time, I asked our morphine secoff to watch them while I deal with the captain stuff, just to come back and see him shooting him with Riot Launcher rounds. As I was shouting at this secoff for that he almost killed the guy, suddenly at the same time the captain died somehow and one of the other secs died too. As I was walking the guy to cloning and had a funny weird talk with them I heard other the radio 2 syndicates, wich had somehow got their hands on a torpedo and demanded stirstir, because it was almost end of shift, I told them to wait, they were kind enough to wait because I was basically alone at this point, while I tried dealing with other people. As I got to them I just RPed that I was just out of breath because the shift was hard, so I gave them stirstir to make them not blow up more and walked to the shuttle only to see our meph addicted secoff rolling in like 6 boxes of morphine around sleeping. So over all I would say 10/10 shift would do again.

I learned for my self on multiple occasions that I like to help keep control in sec, and people tend to listen to me if shit is happening, I think its helpufl too always have someone in the chaos to give some orders, it helps a lot. Of course I love to goof around with my fellow secs and the crew with stupid stuff like self build Laser tag or a chair riding stun batong duel. When I started in sec I learned after a while I was a bit too serious and treated the game like we had to win, but I learned this is no fun. Nowadays I let the traitor sometimes keep some stuff if it isn't to obvious, I give vamps and lings multiple chances and always try to RP with people I put into the brig, so they don't get bored and just sit there.

So in short, my security experience is going from stressful to totally chill and its always fun.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? Always lable you pin pointer, always try to communicate everything important, and try to have fun and make it fun for both sides. Its not about winning or losing the game, its about a shit ton of people doing random bullshit and having fun. Also its okay to fuck up, everybody does it, this game is very big, if you don't know something its fine, ask for help either other player or by pressing f3 to feed the mentors with questions.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) I think one of my best moments in sec was very recently at the point of writing this here. We had some scavengers on board who broke into the station, as we captured one by one and I was putting one into the brig, I turned around just to see that our HoS Otto Stockholm was lying on the table in StirStirs cell being operated by a guy in a I think batman costume just to noticed that they somehow ripped out the entire skeleton of Otto and started to get more organs. As we rushed in there to get the corpse of Otto some guy quickly stole the HoS boots and was confused why I tasered him because of the boots as I took them back and brought them to the freshly cloned Otto. So yeah this was very weird and fun to see.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? One thing I would think of would be easier access to plasma to refill the pods, I don't think that (if any) a lot of mainsecs have a plasma canister in their podbay to refill their tanks but this would be more of a good thing for sec in general, at least I think so. I think maybe new tools or a rework of some tools we can choose with our coin at the beginning to get equipment would be nice. I noticed that most people always take the same things mostly robosted donuts because they are just that helpful, I rarely see for example that people use the morphine unless its for fun, yes it has its uses to for example bring people to sleep, but the stun weapons are often more helpful and faster for stuff like that. I think all the stun weapons are okay, but something new that would bring some variety into the equiment of sec would be cool I think.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. Well the first difference would be when I notice I am alone is typing "fuck" or something like that, and then go do my standard routine, getting my stuff, labe my pointer and go get a clone scan, and then patrol, I try to watch the chat more careful should someone call for sec, but I try to keep my calm, if I need help with something I ask the crew to help me a bit, without killing someone. While in a full team, I get prepared for the worst because it means more "bad" people so I give my best to watch the sec radio more than the others and try to communicate as best as possible, I also check from time to time the status of everyone and also ask what is currently going on so I know what is happening, if there is no obvious leading person, I try to be it for as much as I can and give some orders and try to stay in touch with the captain.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13. I have no idea about writing poems sadly but it sounds like a fun thing
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? I always wanted to run a training session with secoffs and monkey, I would ask for a monkey vendor or some monkey and a room, wich is either build or not used, and then I would try to train with sec to capture a good amount of monkey, because they are perfect for training, they are chaotic, they attack without hesitation if angered and they run away sometimes, so everyone could for example say how many monkeys they can cuff on their own and we would make a scoreboard and the winner would get some kind of prize.
  • Draw a picture! I would do that but im to selfconcious about my drawing skills
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): As far as I know I didn't get any bans, only a warning once because I used a word that was against the rules but since then I didn't do it again.

So, I hope everything is okay with this application, and thanks for letting me be part of such a nice community, im normally very shy when it comes to online games but almost everyone on the servers are nice people who just enjoy the chaos of this game.