Morrow Moonhollow's HoS Application. (WOW!!!!)
(04-22-2024, 04:27 AM)Emimiyu Wrote: I am sure that morrow is an experienced officer, but on recent round, I have seen you using a meta-information of an antagonist to rush into toxin while the antagonist were not working in research department and there were no report of suspicious activity in toxin or ttv threats from said antagonist. I don't think it is an encouraged behaviour for a security officer to only rely on meta-information of a player "just in case" to prepare against an antagonist.

Wait, care to elaborate? I'm confused on where this woulda happened.

(04-22-2024, 01:22 PM)Kateaclysm Wrote:
(04-22-2024, 04:27 AM)Emimiyu Wrote: I am sure that morrow is an experienced officer, but on recent round, I have seen you using a meta-information of an antagonist to rush into toxin while the antagonist were not working in research department and there were no report of suspicious activity in toxin or ttv threats from said antagonist. I don't think it is an encouraged behaviour for a security officer to only rely on meta-information of a player "just in case" to prepare against an antagonist.

Wait, care to elaborate? I'm confused on where this woulda happened.

Oh, odd. I can't edit posts, thought I could! Maybe I'm just blindly missing an edit button. The only thing I can think of is during a round a bit ago where we had a syndicate on the radio who was threatening violence on the station. I instinctively paid a visit to toxins, just to see if anyone had been messin' with it. Perhaps an overstep out of boredom, I admit, but I know more than to use meta information to ruin an antagonist's round or foil their plans prematurely. Additionally, I try not to include any previous round behaviors as a like "background check" prediction to their antagonist bits, so even if - meta wise - I knew someone was a fan of explosives, I wouldn't use that information in a way that affects the flow of the round. That's just crummy.
From what I've seen of Morrow, she's a great secoff and a friendly player! Very much has the potential to be a effective HoS

+1 from me!
I've had a few rounds as a HoS over Morrow and can safely say that I think they're a good officer. Communicative, friendly and able. I've not had a lot of experiences with them, I've not seen them take charge or train anyone, so I cannot speak on those subjects, just that my initial impression is very positive.
Morrow is someone I often see leading security and helping guide the flow of security keeping things fair and fun in the round, very communicative and responsive on radio, while also being kind towards everyone she interacts with, both antags and non antags and ooc towards people in discord as well, I think Morrow would make a great HoS!

+1
The past few i have noticed a very strong and specific desire to never attack other sec characters when they are an antag. In two days ive seen violent defense if a wizard that had attacked and killed people or releasing a someone who had murdered more then 4+ with a strong warning.

Even if its early in the round security action needs to be fair and metered to what was done. Letting someone go early due to being caught early is fine. Its good!

Under the current operations pattern it would appear that if someone at minute 1 bought a shotgun and then began mowing down people andngot caught at minute 10 they'd be released "because its early".

Further noticing a marked trait to use prior round interactions to determine if someone is or is not guilty, which i cannot possibly discourage enough.
(05-04-2024, 10:57 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: The past few i have noticed a very strong and specific desire to never attack other sec characters when they are an antag. In two days ive seen violent defense if a wizard that had attacked and killed people or releasing a someone who had murdered more then 4+ with a strong warning.

Even if its early in the round security action needs to be fair and metered to what was done. Letting someone go early due to being caught early is fine. Its good!

Under the current operations pattern it would appear that if someone at minute 1 bought a shotgun and then began mowing down people andngot caught at minute 10 they'd be released "because its early".

Further noticing a marked trait to use prior round interactions to determine if someone is or is not guilty, which i cannot possibly discourage enough.

I guess i'm just a little baffled by some of this. I remember a round where a rather prominent sec regular was a wizard and we had an in-character spat about it since they went for a ""peaceful"" approach rather than an openly hostile one and I wanted to give them the chance to escalate. At the time, I recall that they'd only Polymorphed the chef and ice beamed a civilian... Which is typical early wizard stuff, in my experience. He went in the brig for the assault, and fought and killed the other antag - a vampire - because they challenged each other to a duel. Despite my personal distaste for peaceful wizard gimmicks, I don't feel like we handled that wrong... Unless I'm recalling a different wizard shift, of course. Obviously, I do feel paranoid in some aspects about ending someone's fun "too early", but part of me feels like there's a rather uncharitable reach here. There's a pretty big difference between letting someone rampaging with a shotgun go after a slap on the wrist, and having a modicum of sympathy for a ling that got caught by a staff assistant at minute 15. As for the 4+ murders? Genuinely scratching my head. was this a changeling round? I'm not saying these didn't happen, I just wish I had more details.

I don't like to think I give anyone extra chances based on if i know em or not. I came to 3 to avoid meta-friending, not contribute to it. I recall frequently referring to other interactions in passing as a form of small talk, but I wonder if there's something giving off the wrong impression.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to some concerns regarding your behaviour. Feel free to reach out to us via discord if you wish to get some additional info. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!