Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wizard golems
Why is his suggestion suddenly invalid because it's been posted before?

All you've done this thread is tell everyone it was fine, ignore all the actual discussion, post a smug quote and then over-exaggerate someone else's complaint, maybe you could actually contribute

I'd also like TK removed from empower, maybe replaced with something new from the Genetics redo
My problem with TK is that all a Wizard has to do is hide in a window or wall, and he has free reign to kill anyone due to him being untouchable. What makes the problem worse is that if they do get caught, they can simply phase shift away and wait for Empower to recharge, then start the process over again.
Even worse: a wizard can take teleport, empower, soulguard and blink, and then just phase shift himself inside a grille to become essentially invisible. If anyone DOES see him, they outright need a laser gun, and otherwise, he just bonks everyone to death.
Weavel Wrote:Even worse: a wizard can take teleport, empower, soulguard and blink, and then just phase shift himself inside a grille to become essentially invisible. If anyone DOES see him, they outright need a laser gun, and otherwise, he just bonks everyone to death.

Even better than that, there is only a few seconds in between empower being activated, it wearing off, and it being able to activate again.
Pills work for making golems. Just make a bottle of pills and pull out one whenever the cooldown happens.
can you dudes not read

It's not about "I can't get enough things to use", it's "Using this is pointless because something else is easier and more effective"
Seriously the only "better" thing the golems have is that you don't have to get a dead body to use it, but then again, how hard is it to kill a random dude to start a skeleton army?
is this thread still alive? i'm making it alive. a big problem with getting good things to golem with is that if you take a bunch of the crowd control spells and immediately bumrush chemistry(like say when none of them have beakers full of blockoficemeltyourfaceoffium) you're still half fucked because half of them will target the already spawned monkey. manage to chase everyone out anyways? gonna make your first golem so people that come in after you get smashed? targets the fucking monkey. get rid of the monkey? machine spawns more damn monkeys.

can we get the monkey and the machine moved to the testing chamber or something?
Addition to why the golems suck:
Research is now the most defended place on station due to both the guardbuddies being there AND the securitons fucking up so they are always in research. Any time I ever try to make golems I end up with securitrons on my ass along with the crew, and you can't do shit about securitrons as a wizard.

Golems just aren't worth the effort, biggest problem with them.