Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wizard golems
After spending a round making nothing but golems, I now understand how utterly painful it is to make them at all.

1. You lose all the ingredients, but it doesn't matter how much you put in.
2. You lose the container; wave goodbye to your 120 units of Compost, it's all gone into one single golem.
3. It takes fucking FOREVER to cool down.

The only reason I had any vaguely successful round was simply because I hid my wizard skills for the entire duration of the ingredient hoarding.

I'd like to suggest some changes:

1. Set golems to take 25 units from beakers and containers max, but still work with less ingredients. Each cloud post-explosion should have the amount of units used, because magic.
2. Don't destroy containers, just food items! It's painful having to set yourself up a box of 5-unit syringes of whatever just to have a chance.
3. Lower the cooldown, holy goddamn shit if nothing else changes at least do this. Golems are already weak as fuck, take ages to create and are one-use regardless of anything, at least make them potentially frequent to use!

other than this shit I guess you dudes can feel free to suggest other wizard fixes
Golems are especially bad now since masks provide protection against smoke, so no matter what ingredients, a gas mask dude can beat down the golem without much effort.
I haven't played wizard in awhile but do golems still have that annoying popup of a list of nearby objects to choose from? whoa nelly that thing sucks and the spell should just default to whatever's in your active hand
Dude, all you need is a glass. Pour your chemical from your beaker/watering can into the glass, stick your watering can in your backpack, and cast the spell from the glass. Easy-Peasy
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Dude, all you need is a glass. Pour your chemical from your beaker/watering can into the glass, stick your watering can in your backpack, and cast the spell from the glass. Easy-Peasy
That's awkward! You usually have your staff in your other hand.

This is one of the spells I usually take but don't get much use out of. I'd love for it to get a slight upgrade.
Yeah, this spell could use an upgrade. Hell, even back in the day I have memories of just robusting every golem I saw unless it was made of a chemical that was actually harmful in any way, and now that a gas mask saves you from smoke I'd be even more likely to just beat the dumb things down. At the very least it should recharge faster considering how much more useful skeletons tend to be by comparison right now.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Dude, all you need is a glass. Pour your chemical from your beaker/watering can into the glass, stick your watering can in your backpack, and cast the spell from the glass. Easy-Peasy

The problem with that is that the glass disappears when you use it. Now, you've got to have 7 glasses ready to go and a watering can AND space for your staff, so you can put it away, take out the can, pour it into a glass, put it away, take out your staff, and THEN you're ready, discounting any recharge or other problems.

Basically you need to hide and drop all your shit so you can prepare something weak that takes ages to recharge.
Here's the thing, though. The spell takes ages to recharge. Giving you ample time to find a beaker, glass, watering can, shot glass, wine glass, anything. If you keep your solution in your backpack, and just pour it into the nearest receptable whenever it's time to cast the spell, you don't have to worry about carrying anything else around the rest of the time. If you're super worried that you somehow won't be able to find a glass, just carry a beaker box to the wizard shuttle and warp back whenever you need one.
It's about making it better, not compensating for how bad it is.

The round I explained, I spent 30 minutes creating some really fun goelms; grog, meatpaste, weird cheese, eggs, etc.
even then, however, I did this while entirely disguised as a Research Director. A fully clothed wizard is not going to have the time to gather worthwhile chemicals, let alone the containers to carry a lot or the time to start swapping staffs and beakers around.
Weavel Wrote:It's about making it better, not compensating for how bad it is.

The round I explained, I spent 30 minutes creating some really fun goelms; grog, meatpaste, weird cheese, eggs, etc.
even then, however, I did this while entirely disguised as a Research Director. A fully clothed wizard is not going to have the time to gather worthwhile chemicals, let alone the containers to carry a lot or the time to start swapping staffs and beakers around.
Agreed 100%. There's literally no reason to take it over Animate Dead now except the fun of making novelty golems like the ones mentioned. Which is something that should be encouraged! As it is, skeletons are extremely strong (which is fine, it's overall a balanced spell thanks to the need to kill people to make the skeletons in the first place, and you won't rule the station with it until you've done well enough that... well, you deserve to) and golems just don't compare at all. The suggestions in the OP are good.
If you want to improve Wizard mode please remove TK so Wizards cannot sit in a wall and kill everyone without them having a chance to fight back.
Cogwerks Wrote:If you don't have worthwhile feedback to contribute to a suggestion thread, don't post. Thoughtful criticism or thoughtful support are both very worthwhile, obviously. Smug forum injokes are not worthwhile.

Good critique can certainly be harsh, that is fine. Bouncing ideas around back and forth is also rad, but please try to stay on topic. Don't use other people's threads as a platform for your own feature requests unless the original poster's writeup requests that kind of contribution. Too many threads get derailed to hell and back when someone proposes something cool and everyone else feels the need to bloat the hell out of it with a billion addons. Talk about the original idea unless they are asking for more ideas, or it's something that will directly help their idea.

Bolded for emphasis! v
Um Weavel said to post other wizard fixes in the first post of the thread
Quote:Bolded for emphasis! v

Weavel Wrote:other than this shit I guess you dudes can feel free to suggest other wizard fixes

Bolded for emphasis, you smug shit.
He asked for wizard fixes, not smug-ass "Remove the loser spell" shit that's been posted a billion times in the forums before. Making whiny comments about "WIZARD TK EMPOWER IN A WALL WAAAAH" is not making a suggestion. It's aping stupid shit that's been endlessly rehashed.