Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MINOR] Making the attenuation goggles suck a whole lot less with a simple change
(05-11-2017, 02:50 AM)misto Wrote: maybe u can look at the code of the welding helmet overlay/flipup function since it does pretty much what u want to do here

The main problem seems to be that the goggles would go on top of hats or something, whereas welding helmets are hats so have nothing to go on top of, whereas the goggles go under hats and masks
oh so the layering shit is the problem, not the actual turning off the overlay.

considering that there are some helmets/hats that completely enclose the head such as space helmets, and this button would be causing your goggles to phase in and out of your helmet as you click the button, it might be best to have it merely represent an on/off switch rather than a sliding up goggles function.

unless you want to go thru every hat/helmet/mask and decide if it makes sense to be able to slide the goggs up and how that would layer on a case by case basis on each and every one
Er why not just have it move 'em up but keep 'em on the same layer? Wouldn't that work?
(05-11-2017, 04:57 AM)Crazyabe Wrote: Er why not just have it move 'em up but keep 'em on the same layer? Wouldn't that work?

I'd love for you to explain how this would work with a space helmet. Also, if the hat is quite "tight fitting" and the goggles more than a few pixels thick you could have a situation of seeing part of the goggles through the hat.

Just make it an on/off switch and be done with it, would solve all of the caveats involved with this.
Yeah, the lenses could just go dark when turned off/bright glowing green when on.
Probably the same way we can take off another person's jumpsuit without removing their belt, labcoat, backpack, and shoes. While they're standing. In a few seconds.

We're all secretly pants wizards!!

Not that I disagree. I, too, just want the attgogs 'fixed' via the addition of a toggle; all the flashy stuff can come later if ever.