Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Door Control panels
(11-23-2016, 08:57 AM)Roomba Wrote: It still fills up AI chat pretty quick though, and makes it real hard to see if people just spam it all day until their requests are fulfilled. I certainly wouldn't mind a cooldown.

As the AI, I always set some chat highlights so that no matter how clogged up the chatbox gets, I always know when someone's trying to tell me to open something. Oh "AI/"eee/door, how many assistants would be stuck outside the armory without you?

Hm, then you get the problem of jerks running by a bunch of doors and pressing all of those buttons, bypassing the cooldown through sheer volume. Would require a dedicated jerk, but I'd say half the jobs almost require one.
FYI, spamming the AI gets you banned. Same as if you use paper to do it like now.
(11-22-2016, 06:10 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Making the bridge accessible to Mr. Billy McStaff Assistant would be fun!
Afaik, this currently requires snipping only 1 wire, and that is if you want to be neat about it.
But I like the idea of more door-hacking shenanigans.
Why snip one? just mult-tool to wires till powers off and apply crowbar liberally.
bumping this with a few more ideas added to the OP
good idea, except the HoP thing already got done another way
Any way we could add a toggle-able 'Left for Lunch/Other' option that lets you set an automated message in the event of absence? Sometimes I leave Genetics to patrol the ship and having someone know that without asking/responding would be really convenient.
This is what the pen and paper is for.

"Dear Crew,
Fuck you, the cold air of space gives me more warmth than any of your supposed friendships.
Signed, Dave Asshole
P.S., I was the one who made the piss bombs. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!?!"