Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regenerating health
Basically I was thinking that it might be neat to have very slight regenerating health. e.g.:

- After 3-5 minutes of not taking damage, brute/burn slowly heals at a rate of, say, (100 - BRUTE) * 0.0025, so if you had 5 BRUTE you'd heal 0.24 BRUTE, but if you had, say, 90 BRUTE, you'd only heal 0.025 (and of course above 100 health, no healing at all). Same thing for burn.
- Only regenerating when you're on HELP intent, representing relaxation and recovery instead of being tensed up/ready to fight.
- Laying down and sleeping could speed up recovery by 2x-3x, to give a use for beds other than the buggy removal of colds/food poisoning
- TOX recovery could be similar but even slower

The recovery wouldn't be anything super-game changing, given the delay before it starts and the slow speed, but could help you recover some injuries if you stay back and out of combat for a while.

At 5 damage, it'd take (3-5 startup) + ~1 minute to recover. I dunno, could play with the formulas a bit; this is just a suggestion.
doesn't burn already do this
If you have slight damage just eat some food. I dunno if having something able to regen your health that slowly would even matter much if you are hurt bad enough that food can't help you.
Logistically this means more checks the server has to run for not much benefit. Fun idea, but on current server strength not logistically worth the resources.