Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
make summon golem slightly more useful
KikiMofo Wrote:
Captain_Bravo Wrote:There's a simple way for the wizard to have easy access to the chem shuttle whenever he wants. Teleport first into the teleporter room, grab the beacon and the hand tele, and set the location on the teleporter to your beacon. Then, steal a pod, fly out there, and drop your beacon. Now, whenever you want, you can pull out your hand tele and zoom straight back to the chem shuttle.

Not everyone knows where that shuttle is though.

You could make the same argument with "not everyone knows enough chemistry to make murdergolems".
KikiMofo Wrote:
Captain_Bravo Wrote:There's a simple way for the wizard to have easy access to the chem shuttle whenever he wants. Teleport first into the teleporter room, grab the beacon and the hand tele, and set the location on the teleporter to your beacon. Then, steal a pod, fly out there, and drop your beacon. Now, whenever you want, you can pull out your hand tele and zoom straight back to the chem shuttle.

Not everyone knows where that shuttle is though.

So grab a welder/some metal, teleport into Chemistry, murder the occupants, and weld/wall off the room (Or have subverted borgs do it for you) and teleport/phase in as needed.
steal captain's spare ID, offer it to a friendly chemist in exchange for them making ready-to-use golem mixes for you. Works pretty much every time
Admiral jimbob Wrote:steal captain's spare ID, offer it to a friendly chemist in exchange for them making ready-to-use golem mixes for you. Works pretty much every time
Isn't making golem mixes for the wizard a bannable offense?
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Admiral jimbob Wrote:steal captain's spare ID, offer it to a friendly chemist in exchange for them making ready-to-use golem mixes for you. Works pretty much every time

enough people help save the wizard and don't get in trouble that it'd probably be fine

he can just threaten them if the ID doesn't work
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Actively hunting out antagonists in order to be their sidekicks is shitty, yeah, but I don't think it's a problem to make their lives easier/look the other way/throw them a bone in exchange for bribes or threats. Could be mistaken, I guess?
Admiral jimbob Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Actively hunting out antagonists in order to be their sidekicks is shitty, yeah, but I don't think it's a problem to make their lives easier/look the other way/throw them a bone in exchange for bribes or threats. Could be mistaken, I guess?
I tend to give antags a second chance by not spouting their names over the radio unless its late into the round and/or they are already at my neck killing me and I also strike deals to not spout their name over the radios / kill them in exchange for not brutally murdering me, sometimes I save a peaceful wizard from being beaten to death and I haven't gotten in trouble for it, so I guess its mostly ok.
Afaik as long as you don't directly help an antagonist murder people, and as long as you don't harm people in retaliation of them harming your antag buddy, I'm pretty sure it's fine to help them out with basic stuff.
I played a wizard round there recently, picked golem and the rest defense spells. I whooped ass. The golems applying units now from every hit really makes a difference. Golems are way more buff now than skeletons. That and the jelly beans in the shuttle have some cool shit in it (if you're lucky werewolf serum)

Klayboxx Wrote:Afaik as long as you don't directly help an antagonist murder people, and as long as you don't harm people in retaliation of them harming your antag buddy, I'm pretty sure it's fine to help them out with basic stuff.

Giving a wizard sarin in which he'll make a sarin golem which essentially now can make people start spazzing out in a few punches and in essence could kill another unarmed dude easily (or 2 for that matter) doesn't sound cool with me even for a captain's ID, because you know exactly what he's going to use it for. This is one of those cases where rp won't cut it. Perhaps it could be a miscreant objective on a mixed round, you spawn in lieu with the wizard and your objective is to "act like a wizard fantasist" would be pretty neat.
I'm pretty sure thats not in the chemists favor, as they'll get in trouble.
What would be better is to offer no reward. Just threaten them to do it or you'll blast em dead.
That way they might help out of fear for their life, which is within the rules of the game as far as I know.
But they might also just gas the room with the stuff you told them to make.
People have been banned for providing Wizards with chemicals for Golems, so I wouldn't do it personally.

You might be able to pull it off the Wizard RPs threatening you with death or something. Maybe.
Sundance Wrote:Giving a wizard sarin in which he'll make a sarin golem which essentially now can make people start spazzing out in a few punches and in essence could kill another unarmed dude easily (or 2 for that matter) doesn't sound cool with me even for a captain's ID, because you know exactly what he's going to use it for. This is one of those cases where rp won't cut it. Perhaps it could be a miscreant objective on a mixed round, you spawn in lieu with the wizard and your objective is to "act like a wizard fantasist" would be pretty neat.

Yeah, that's true. If I were ever in that situation I wouldn't give the wizard chemicals that could end up with people dead, but giving them swedium or george melonium or any other goofy reagent should be OK.
Embolism Wrote:People have been banned for providing Wizards with chemicals for Golems, so I wouldn't do it personally.

You might be able to pull it off the Wizard RPs threatening you with death or something. Maybe.
I think as long as its not harmful/inhibiting, like silver sulfidazine (sulfidzine? sulfidizine?), or holy water, I think its fine.
Wizard can probably make most of the bad regents on his own now that they're on the wiki. I don't think sparing him a headache is too bad, especially with RP.