Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Door control panels
Wink 
Click drag from a door to yourself, open up a door control panel window

From here, you get a keypad similar to pods

At the HoPs office, a few key codes can be programmed for doors across departments  that can do things when entered at a door panel

1. Open or close a door
2. Bolt or unbolt a door
3. Sound a buzzer
4. Overide AI control
5. Overide access levels

You might say "Hey, aren't those just most of the things you can do by hacking?"

Exactly. It's just a way to do something legally that people can already do illegally

Or, it's a way for someone who knows the codes to get back into areas if they lose their ID.

So, say you're a doctor. You'd have the default medbay door codes in your notes. They might change later and you lose access, but otherwise you can pop that code in.

Say you're the Medical director. You get door codes, and bolting.

If for some reason you think the codes are compromised, change them out. 

If you're a Rogue AI, preemptively try to change the codes ahead of time. Etc
Love the idea but perhaps the codes should be swappable from the Department Head's office
Like the idea, though I question if it'd be worth the effort. HoP has Access implants.
Isn't that more than sufficient for an alternative from "AA-codes."
I like this idea a lot. I prefer it over the HoP's access implants as well. But this doesn't necessarily have to replace that. The one thing that I think could possibly be improved is if click-dragging from the door to your sprite is the best way for it. It might be, but click drags are kinda strange imo.