Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
Bring back spacephobia because it was really funny
I can understand the other traits being cut due to not working properly, but Spacephobia was so debilitating that merely surviving with it was a badge of honor.
Merely seeing a tile of space caused your character to be stunned, ko'd, emote or scream and even then it tended to stun you - even through pods. The emergent gameplay from having to wear bedsheets over your head to avoid seeing the horrifying sight of a single space tile behind windows to a nuke op's screaming and occasional stuns being interrupted by their donk pockets - followed by more screaming and stunning are some of the best memories of SS13 hijinks I've had. Please, for sheer torment's sake, re-add this comedy goldmine of a trait.
This would be very nice. I don't see why the phobias were removed in the first place frown
MBC says that spacephobia checked all visible atoms for space and was laggy as shit. It'll probably come back if it gets fixed.
Someone bug the coders til it's fixed.

I would if I didn't work.
(06-04-2018, 06:34 PM)sartorius Wrote: having to wear bedsheets over your head to avoid seeing the horrifying sight of a single space tile behind windows to a nuke op's screaming and occasional stuns being interrupted by their donk pockets - followed by more screaming and stunning are some of the best memories of SS13 hijinks I've had. Please, for sheer torment's sake, re-add this comedy goldmine of a trait.
This game is the best game.
We could probably at least reimplement it as a fear of open space, where leaving the ship/station is what triggers it rather than just space tiles in general
flat out removed because it was laggy as shit yeah
To make it less laggy, I would chance it so it only procs when you are on a space tile instead of whenever you can see space.
What if it randomly chose a single tile in view and analyzed that?

This would result in much less lag and would also introduce a natural scaling factor that adjusts the debilitativeness of the trait based on how much space you can see.