Goonstation Forums
Bring back spacephobia because it was really funny - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Bring back spacephobia because it was really funny (/showthread.php?tid=10611)

Bring back spacephobia because it was really funny - sartorius - 06-04-2018

I can understand the other traits being cut due to not working properly, but Spacephobia was so debilitating that merely surviving with it was a badge of honor.
Merely seeing a tile of space caused your character to be stunned, ko'd, emote or scream and even then it tended to stun you - even through pods. The emergent gameplay from having to wear bedsheets over your head to avoid seeing the horrifying sight of a single space tile behind windows to a nuke op's screaming and occasional stuns being interrupted by their donk pockets - followed by more screaming and stunning are some of the best memories of SS13 hijinks I've had. Please, for sheer torment's sake, re-add this comedy goldmine of a trait.

RE: Bring back spacephobia because it was really funny - Spoodle - 06-04-2018

This would be very nice. I don't see why the phobias were removed in the first place frown

RE: Bring back spacephobia because it was really funny - sartorius - 06-04-2018

MBC says that spacephobia checked all visible atoms for space and was laggy as shit. It'll probably come back if it gets fixed.

RE: Bring back spacephobia because it was really funny - Technature - 06-05-2018

Someone bug the coders til it's fixed.

I would if I didn't work.

RE: Bring back spacephobia because it was really funny - Kodos - 06-05-2018

(06-04-2018, 06:34 PM)sartorius Wrote: having to wear bedsheets over your head to avoid seeing the horrifying sight of a single space tile behind windows to a nuke op's screaming and occasional stuns being interrupted by their donk pockets - followed by more screaming and stunning are some of the best memories of SS13 hijinks I've had. Please, for sheer torment's sake, re-add this comedy goldmine of a trait.
This game is the best game.

RE: Bring back spacephobia because it was really funny - Frank_Stein - 06-05-2018

We could probably at least reimplement it as a fear of open space, where leaving the ship/station is what triggers it rather than just space tiles in general

RE: Bring back spacephobia because it was really funny - ZeWaka - 06-05-2018

flat out removed because it was laggy as shit yeah

RE: Bring back spacephobia because it was really funny - Lady Birb - 06-05-2018

To make it less laggy, I would chance it so it only procs when you are on a space tile instead of whenever you can see space.

RE: Bring back spacephobia because it was really funny - Noah Buttes - 06-06-2018

What if it randomly chose a single tile in view and analyzed that?

This would result in much less lag and would also introduce a natural scaling factor that adjusts the debilitativeness of the trait based on how much space you can see.