Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Spilling Stuff
This is an idea I posted in the Ideas of Questionable Quality thread, and which I am now, by request, giving a thread all of its own.

Basically: have containers of liquid spill some, or all, of their contents when dropped. By 'dropped' I mean, well, dropped, as a result of being stunned, coughing, slipping on something, being disarmed, etc. Placing the item down wouldn't spill anything.

This makes chemistry much more hilarious/dangerous, and also makes messes of liquid more common. We have all those lovely drains and liquid cleaning measures, but other than deliberate spills and graytiders running the showers with welded shut drains, there's really not much liquid mess to clean up besides blood. This would kind of help rectify that.
10 slip on spilled liquid
20 spill more liquid
30 goto 10
Need more reasons to not carry explosive chemicals out in the open.

+1 yee
It also makes the bar get even messier than it already does. I'm not sure if bottles should spill their contents since, within the context of the gameworld, the player may or may not be putting the cap back on, but glasses and pitchers and so forth definitely would/should.
It would be nice if dropping them on purpose didn't spill them considering that's sometimes the only convenient way to fuckin manage any of my beakers in the russkie station/parts of chem
Oh, yeah, no, I totally agree. That's what I meant by "By 'dropped' I mean, well, dropped, as a result of being stunned, coughing, slipping on something, being disarmed, etc. Placing the item down wouldn't spill anything." if I was unclear.

I mean, maybe I'm misunderstanding what the admins/coders imagined, but I always imagined, within the context of the gameworld/~in character~ as the drop command being more the 'put down' command. So it's the difference between placing an open container on the floor, and tripping while carrying said contianer. One is likely to result in spillage, the other not so much.