Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bread Soup.
(12-09-2016, 07:54 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Quick google search for "bread soup" turns up some tasty results.

[Image: cq5dam.web.400.300.jpeg]

cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/laura-calder/bread-soup.html

Huh. Here we just call that 'soggy bread'.
Bread and soup is tasty. The key here is that the bread is adding to the soup, and isn't actually the soup.
(12-08-2016, 02:32 PM)Houka Wrote:
(12-08-2016, 02:07 PM)Musketman12 Wrote: I'm out of the loop, what happened with bread soup?

[Image: image.jpg]

THIS
is real bread soup. 

I have no idea whatever the heck you guys are talking about.
I know how to copy and paste code together to make this a item. I need the following:

1. A icon.
2. Err... that's pretty much it. Maybe more than one icon.

What I could code are these: Gruel, that bread mush abomination, or some fancier soup with bread in it. The key ingredient for me to code things in is icons. Icons, or, sprites if you're not from Dream Maker Land. They just have to be a maximum size of 32x32 pixels and fit the ss13 theme.
(12-09-2016, 08:53 PM)Hulk Hogan Wrote: I know how to copy and paste code together to make this a item. I need the following:

1. A icon.

What I could code are these: Gruel, that bread mush abomination, or some fancier soup with bread in it. The key ingredient for me to code things in is icons. Icons, or, sprites if you're not from Dream Maker Land. They just have to be a maximum size of 32x32 pixels and fit the ss13 theme.

I believe there was consensus at various points to use the current vomit icons, perhaps with minor changes.
Here's some PROPER bread soup- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/237498/chef...pa-de-ajo/
proper bread soup is just bread that's mushed all up and covered in luke warm water.

Also an idea:

Anyone using Dream Carver's BYOND key has a 50% chance to spawn with bread soup as their special thing. After all special things are generated, if there is no bread soup anywhere on the station, it gets generated somewhere. As to where, I'll leave that up to someone wittier.

Also to clarify an earlier suggestion; when someone eats bread soup, someone else, somewhere else, vomits up bread soup. Someone who is not the one who ate it. Also, only played people, no NPCs, and ideally only people on the same Z-level.
(12-09-2016, 08:53 PM)Hulk Hogan Wrote: I know how to copy and paste code together to make this a item. I need the following:

1. A icon.

(12-10-2016, 01:04 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Whipped up a bowl of bread soup. 

[Image: SoupItem.png]
[Image: SoupInHand1.png]
(12-10-2016, 02:30 PM)Naximous Wrote:

1. A icon.

(12-10-2016, 01:04 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Whipped up a bowl of bread soup. 

[Image: SoupItem.png]
[Image: SoupInHand1.png]

Sweet. Now I can begin the coding process. What should the ingredients be? Bread and water? Also, I need a description.
If you eat bread soup, it turns into bread poop.

Which is essentially the same thing, except bread soup is more nutritious, and bread poop tastes better.
(12-09-2016, 10:53 AM)Mordent Wrote: Bread and soup is tasty. The key here is that the bread is adding to the soup, and isn't actually the soup.

^
(12-10-2016, 09:34 PM)looselystyled Wrote:
(12-09-2016, 10:53 AM)Mordent Wrote: Bread and soup is tasty. The key here is that the bread is adding to the soup, and isn't actually the soup.

^

I coded it in. Deal with it. I didn't add the hand icons, but they could be added in.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...adsoupmush

Here is a screenshot if you're wondering what it looks like in-game.
http://i.imgur.com/8h8Be8k.png