Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitor Chaplain Items
Houka Wrote:
pizzatiger Wrote:Just give the chapelen the ablity to become a wraith for 10 telecrystals....Boom problem solved

On the one hand, people will play Chaplain and go braindead if they don't get traitor just because of this.

On the other, it makes a ton of sense and would get people actually choosing to be the Chaplain more, if only for the rare chance they get to be the exciting new antagonist type.

I don't think this is happening though.

As far as Traitor Chaplain's go, just give them something that lets them gain power from eating hearts or collecting skulls, something that people can't just steal and abuse as a vigilante or a jerk. The latter point being why the Artbox was Bad.

There has to be some way to make chaplain less of a roleplay job. Maybe...random lucky events in whatever department he happens to be in? Chaplain could make the food cook better, the QMs better at haggling, or do some B-movie miracles in medbay while everyone begs for the chaplain to come to their department for a while
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:There has to be some way to make chaplain less of a roleplay job.
why would you do that
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:There has to be some way to make chaplain less of a roleplay
The Chaplain has the capability of being a robust pseudo-vigilante, with gear suited for taking out vampires and to a lesser extent wizards.
Not to mention the fact that the bible is actually pretty damn good at healing, if you can avoid having massive brain damage inflicted on you. This can be countered by storing some hand-dandy mannitol in the bible.
But that's a bit off topic and unrelated.
Not to forget the Cluedo shortcut between the Crematorium and the Morgue! v
This isn't my idea, but I read it somewhere on here a long time ago and thought it would be interesting, so I'm re-posting it. (Credit goes to original author. Forgot who.)

Someone had the idea for I.M. MEEN's magic book, that's actually a trap which sucks people inside when opened/read. Once they are stuck in the book you can do whatever. Space the book, toss it into the engine room incinerator, etc. to kill them.
Sacerfical knife kit-10 telecrystals

A kit that comes with a book that says "Dummie guide to demonic rituals" and a dark and mysterious knife with a small label on the back that reads "Property of discount dan".To use the knife you must first read the book, once your done reading the book will turn to ash.Now that you read the book take a still living human and have them lie down someone. Then proceed to stab them with the knife which will have you automatically start chanting the chants your learned in the book.Once your done you will see the soul of your victem fly out of the body and into the knife where it is twisted and enslaved into a dark form of energy! After you do this ritual 2-3 times you will get one full charge which you can do one of 4 things with-

1-Revive- You stab a dead body which revives them and returns them to the living

2-Overwhelm a lesser mortal with the dark energy-You stab a person and they gib into a science ghost. It happens instantly and they don't have to be stunned

3-Assorb the energy into yourself-You fill yourself with the dark energys. The first time heals you/gives you stun immunity but you gain a purple and black skin tone. Second time you do this you are consumed by the energy and transformed into a wraith

4-Awaken objects- You unleash the energy into the air which awaken random objects in a room. They are hostile and will attack everyone on sight.
I just had a maybe dumb thought.

Who says chaplain has to be a traitor.

I know chaplain's got all kinds of cool options for traitor items, but hear me out.

Chaplain's already got a few anti antagonist tricks up his or her sleeve, (holy water) but people don't really care whether or not the chaplain exists most of the time.

Making them a always non traitor would make the role less fun maybe, but it would also convince more people to implicitly trust the chaplain and label them the station monster hunter.
atomic1fire Wrote:I just had a maybe dumb thought.

I know chaplain's got all kinds of cool options for traitor items, but hear me out.

Chaplain's already got a few anti antagonist tricks up his or her sleeve, (holy water) but people don't really care whether or not the chaplain exists most of the time.

Making them a always non traitor would make the role less fun maybe, but it would also convince more people to implicitly trust the chaplain and label them the station monster hunter.
Probably the best idea here, really.
(11-22-2014, 10:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:I just had a maybe dumb thought.

Probably the best idea here, really.
I would say this is a surprisingly good idea if I hadn't already poured several weeks worth of effort into a traitorous chaplain item.

Though, I suppose we could just give the lawyer a permanent job and give it to him.
a book of evil magic that takes ghosted volunteers and empowers them into a poltergeist(kind of a wraith-lite i guess) or homunculus minion bound to the chaplains will