Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebalancing the Wrestling Belt
Weavel Wrote:One thing mentioned was making it Nuke Op/Surplus/Assistant only, might reduce the regularity

If I were to suggest a nerf: slightly longer move recharge

As it is, with the wrestling belt, you have four more crystals to use. For anyone else that isn't packing stims, that's: a gun of some kind; a pipebomb and something else; a voice changer; chameleon suit and something else, and that's more or less it.

A one-crystal increase would ensure that jerks won't pack a .22 while beating up people, but would allow wrestlers to carry a mini-rad bow or a pipebomb instead.

Seven crystals might be alright for something that's akin to a cyalume.
APARTHEID Wrote:
Weavel Wrote:One thing mentioned was making it Nuke Op/Surplus/Assistant only, might reduce the regularity

If I were to suggest a nerf: slightly longer move recharge

As it is, with the wrestling belt, you have four more crystals to use. For anyone else that isn't packing stims, that's: a gun of some kind; a pipebomb and something else; a voice changer; chameleon suit and something else, and that's more or less it.

A one-crystal increase would ensure that jerks won't pack a .22 while beating up people, but would allow wrestlers to carry a mini-rad bow or a pipebomb instead.

Seven crystals might be alright for something that's akin to a cyalume.
Allow me to lavish you with agreement, as this would make them unable to just get stims and be nearly invincible for long enough to get enough coffee and shit to stay invincible.
Christ, the .22 is a close combat gun. Ever tried taking out a guy with armor at more than 3 tiles away? Doesn't work.
And stimpacks are only for scientists/doctors/RD.

The wrassling belt is not the next cloak, it's just an extremely hilarious item that makes you hard to take down 1 vs. 1.
If you take a stimpack you're still not carrying an esword, the belt still has timeouts.

If the price goes up people are going to start asking "do I blow all of my crystals on the belt?" and get something else, 6 crystals is fine.
Clarks Wrote:Christ, the .22 is a close combat gun. Ever tried taking out a guy with armor at more than 3 tiles away? Doesn't work.
And stimpacks are only for scientists/doctors/RD.

The wrassling belt is not the next cloak, it's just an extremely hilarious item that makes you hard to take down 1 vs. 1.
If you take a stimpack you're still not carrying an esword, the belt still has timeouts.

If the price goes up people are going to start asking "do I blow all of my crystals on the belt?" and get something else, 6 crystals is fine.
Honestly, I'm starting to see it be less overused and more balanced as people get used to fighting people in wrestling belts, so I agree here. I was just semi-kneejerking I guess...kind of. But yeah, I agree with this.
The wrestling belt isn't stun/flash/taze proof, so anyone who can sneak up to you with a flash can take you out.

A zip gun with stun bullets can also stop you for at least a little while.

That basically means a prepaired traitor will need a stimpack in order to be unstopable, and even stimpacks have downsides.

I'm fine with the wrestling belt as is.

Just wait for them to do some fancy move on some poor sap and then taze them while they are stuck in a wrestle animation.
to stop the wrestling belt meth problem:

make it so whenever someone who owns a wrestling belt uses meth/a stimulant there'll be an announcement like

Nerd Protectorate Update

Jay Wolff is BAD FOR BUSINESS!

not only do they get dishonored, all other potential wrestlers know their name and can fight them for the title