Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebalancing the Wrestling Belt
From what I've seen, the wrestling belt is a bit ridiculous right now. I've yet to really see any downside, and way too many upsides. It seems to me like a pretty unstoppable rampage item, especially when on meth (Which literally anybody can make now). I feel like it could use some rebalancing, because while it may be fun for the rampager, there's really no chance for anyone else in my experience. I understand that traitors are supposed to have an upper hand with their gear to make up for the sheer numbers they're against, but really the belt seems way too strong to give anyone else a chance at all. This isn't one of those "GET RID OF CLOAKS/VAMPIRES/CHANGELINGS BECAUSE THEY ARE HARD TO KILL ALONE" posts, I'm just asking for some ideas on how to rebalance an item that I've seen to be way too strong.
how to stop a wrestler:
Step 1: acquire gun
Step 2: apply bullets
Step 3: Repeat as necessary

it doesn't need rebalancing, it lets you be really tough in melee but you have no resistance to damage or stunning whatsoever. Even if they're high on meth once they're stunned they get one kick and then are helpless and can have the belt stripped off them.
actual method of stopping a wrestler
1. follow security bots around
2. make a security bot autofollow you
3. watch as wrestlers are instastunned and killed before they can kill you.
Why do traitor items need downsides? The downsides are already that it's super obvious, and it's an illegal item that will make bots angry with you.
It also performs quite badly against any more than two people. If you're alone, yeah, you're pretty screwed.
I didn't realize it made bots attack you, actually, which was why I said it didn't have downsides. As for against multiples...I watched a wrestler take on three people, two with tasers, and win. The stuns weren't very effective, thanks to the whole MASSIVE DOSE OF DRUGS AWW YESSSS nature of the thing.
It might have also had something to do with the way tasers have been recoded now to not instantly stun? I dunno.
Don't change the belt, one of my favorite nuke rounds ever was where we all got wrestling belts and beat the crew up who were armed with a bunch of weapons and shit, 6 wrestling syndies with their own names ( I was BACKBREAKER) and at the end we blew up the station, cue bewildered people in OOC going "wut it was syndie omergehrd!!!>??"

Don't change it.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:It might have also had something to do with the way tasers have been recoded now to not instantly stun? I dunno.
Didn't seem to confuse his movement at all.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Captain_Bravo Wrote:It might have also had something to do with the way tasers have been recoded now to not instantly stun? I dunno.

I can confirm that while wearing a belt I was hit by a taser bolt and didn't fall down.
The belt had nothing to do with that.
Marquesas Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:

I can confirm that while wearing a belt I was hit by a taser bolt and didn't fall down.
Again, the first shot shouldn't make you fall down, but it is meant to make it so movement controls go wonky. I've yet to see this occur to somebody wearing a belt because they always make the (Again commonly producable) meth and just get the stun resistance from it.
One thing mentioned was making it Nuke Op/Surplus/Assistant only, might reduce the regularity

If I were to suggest a nerf: slightly longer move recharge
Weavel Wrote:One thing mentioned was making it Nuke Op/Surplus/Assistant only, might reduce the regularity
It's a new toy, everyone wants to try it. It's too early to judge whether it's being un into the ground.

Weavel Wrote:If I were to suggest a nerf: slightly longer move recharge
Cooldowns are not too long, but when two people gang on a wrestler there is no way he can keep both down unless he's on a lot of drugs.
Shoddy Wrote:Don't change the belt, one of my favorite nuke rounds ever was where we all got wrestling belts and beat the crew up who were armed with a bunch of weapons and shit, 6 wrestling syndies with their own names ( I was BACKBREAKER) and at the end we blew up the station, cue bewildered people in OOC going "wut it was syndie omergehrd!!!>??"

Don't change it.

With God as my witness, I will advocate the removal or nerfing of the belt if and only if nWo Ops rounds stop being funny.

They will never stop being funny.
Along changelings, vampires, the e-sword and may other things, the belt now appears to be the new thing that is 'overpowered.' Now perhaps the price could be increased by 1-2 crystals to prevent people buying a stimpack and a belt, but at the moment the belt on it's own is fine.

You can (and people have) knocked out wrestlers with their fists or an oxygen tank, and since you only have 1 move (the kick) that you can do while grounded, I really don't think it's overpowered. From the 'rampages' I have seen, it's been a wrestler taking down people one by one (using all the moves on a single person brings them to about dark orange.) We're seeing it alot because everyone wants to try out the new cool traitor item, not necessarily becuase it's particularly powerful.