Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
make wraiths more common
(09-17-2018, 12:24 AM)Berrik Wrote: Wraiths cannot really do more than annoy the crew unless they have a revenant.

this is the problem

‘Annoyed’ is generally not a state in which people are having fun. Both the crew and the wraith know that the best shot for the wraith is to play it super safe and hide in walls/out in space while harassing the crew endlessly with animate object/force throw. Dealing with getting constantly barraged by objects or having your weapons getting knocked out of your hand and turned on you is tiring and exhausting, to say nothing of trying to track an invisible opponent. The sheer fact of the matter is that unless the wraith makes a mistake, there’s nothing you can do about/to it besides calling the shuttle and hoping it doesn’t hit revenant before the shuttle arrives.
The main thing I like about wraith is that it doesn't (much) destroy the station. I hate breaches post-[thinner atmos, dangerous space] change. Especially since the station wasn't made more robust to compensate.

That whine aside, I think wraith would be well suited to being ghost-lotto exclusive. Ramp up the point gain and make them more common for rounds with lots of dead that drag on. That makes them great 'this round should have ended ages ago' antags. Especially if you give em' an ability to short-circuit a commsdish to call the shuttle or something.
Id like to see more spooky abilities from the wraith like making rooms fill with blood or causing people to have hallucinations and go mad
Having to deal with a wraith in medbay is honestly terrifying and tedious as shit.  You never know if you're being watched, your tools which sit openly on the table are now trying to kill you while you're trying to heal someone who was unlucky enough to be hurt in the middle of this shit, and that guy who just died in your hands is either immediately smoking or getting back up to murder you, not to mention when a wraith plays 'subvert the AI asap', who knows if you're going to be stuck bolted in that annoying death circus too or not.

And there's very little you can do about it, just fixing the symptoms and hope the people you keep alive can fix the problem.

I'd rather not have to deal with current wraith often because of these reasons, especially with handling corpses, if a wraith eats a corpse, the cloner has to have the necroscan in order to be able to scan the eaten corpse.  Otherwise, that person is now out of the round.
Is the brain destroyed too?

As in you can't put it in a borg or transfer it to a monkey and clone that instead?
(09-17-2018, 09:34 PM)Technature Wrote: Is the brain destroyed too?

As in you can't put it in a borg or transfer it to a monkey and clone that instead?

No, however if you're going to try to do that, you're dealing with another corpse for monkeycloning, or a subverted AI/borg for borging.
More wraith food, over and over.  You're pretty much hosed at that point feeding a monster.
I have been wraith randomly once and I've been playing for years the chance to get it is exceedingly low
Wraiths are so incredibly rare that I don't even consider them a game mode at all. More like a pseudo admin event. Granted it's made for mix mode anyways, which last time I was super active and playing, that game type itself was pretty rare. That may have changed for all I know.

I think they should be rare but not the super ultra rare they are now. I can name all the times I've been one on one hand. Some who play all the time have still never been one at all. That's pretty ridiculous for it to be that rare.

It very well could be that as some have said which was that wraith is not balance well. I never got super good at being a wraith but do agree they are super annoying to fight. Does not help that the one thing that effects them is useless cause no matter what salt gets scuffed. Leaving everyone at the complete mercy of the wraith and worse.....their own crewmates.
(09-16-2018, 11:55 PM)Erev Wrote: I'd love to see more wraiths. I'd love to see wraith get a minor power increase. But both of these are dependent on there being another, more solid way to cause wraiths to become attackable (either in its corporeal or incorporeal state).

If the chaplain passes through an incorporeal wraith it should materialize.
(09-17-2018, 12:24 AM)Berrik Wrote: Wraiths cannot really do more than annoy the crew unless they have a revenant.

Well, if they're smart enough they can cause some damage eg: emagging bots, causing plasma fires etc.
Actually, I changed my mind. The only change to wraith I think I'd make is a change to salt. Make it harder to scuff. Give it a health/amount visible so you can tell when it's wearing thin instead of just having a random chance everytime someone walks over it.
(09-18-2018, 07:25 AM)MrMagolor Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 11:55 PM)Erev Wrote: I'd love to see more wraiths. I'd love to see wraith get a minor power increase. But both of these are dependent on there being another, more solid way to cause wraiths to become attackable (either in its corporeal or incorporeal state).

If the chaplain passes through an incorporeal wraith it should materialize.

(09-18-2018, 12:52 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: Actually, I changed my mind. The only change to wraith I think I'd make is a change to salt. Make it harder to scuff. Give it a health/amount visible so you can tell when it's wearing thin instead of just having a random chance everytime someone walks over it.

Wonderful ideas if you ask me.
(09-18-2018, 12:52 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: Actually, I changed my mind. The only change to wraith I think I'd make is a change to salt. Make it harder to scuff. Give it a health/amount visible so you can tell when it's wearing thin instead of just having a random chance everytime someone walks over it.
Slightly unrelated, but:
Janitor should get a broom and dustpan for clearing up dust and other garbage (i.e. popped balloons, bullet casings, etc.)

This broom should be very efficient at removing salt... Would require you to manually possess to make good use of.