Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Space Cruisers
Nah, I'd rather have 2 pre-built stations on different z levels so that the crew can focus on arming themselves/griff/repairs. If you have to build everything from scratch then one team would never get a chance to build anything while the other would alternate between massacringthem and building a syndicate death fortress somewhere.

Oh, and make the escape shuttles auto-piloted cruisers with shields and defensive guns. They' fly a long route to centcom instead of just jumping to hyperspace and you would have to protect them from enemy cruisers.

If you get creative this mode could probably replace nuke and gang mode and have random traitors/wizards/changelings on top of that! The only downside would be that you would need 80 players to fully staff both stations!
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Carlarc Wrote:someone make a TARDIS please All Ears All Ears
That's kinda what the port-a-sci thing is, though.
Yeah, but i want a TARDIS that's bigger on the inside! Ego Orb
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Nah, I'd rather have 2 pre-built stations on different z levels so that the crew can focus on arming themselves/griff/repairs. If you have to build everything from scratch then one team would never get a chance to build anything while the other would alternate between massacringthem and building a syndicate death fortress somewhere.

Oh, and make the escape shuttles auto-piloted cruisers with shields and defensive guns. They' fly a long route to centcom instead of just jumping to hyperspace and you would have to protect them from enemy cruisers.

If you get creative this mode could probably replace nuke and gang mode and have random traitors/wizards/changelings on top of that! The only downside would be that you would need 80 players to fully staff both stations!
Compromise would be having pre-built basic stations which you could then add on to to customize it and protect it.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Nah, I'd rather have 2 pre-built stations on different z levels so that the crew can focus on arming themselves/griff/repairs. If you have to build everything from scratch then one team would never get a chance to build anything while the other would alternate between massacringthem and building a syndicate death fortress somewhere.

Compromise would be having pre-built basic stations which you could then add on to to customize it and protect it.

Hey, as long as we don't have to build telescience and cargo from scratch. (on a side note, telescience could allow you to grief the other station in hilarious ways. Emagged securittrons, maneaters, assistants, your imagination's the limit)
[03:38:42] <cogwerks> cruisers
[03:38:47] <cogwerks> will be a cogmap2 launch feature
[03:39:04] <cogwerks> courtesy of erikhanson, keelin (most of the work) and me
Carlarc Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Carlarc Wrote:someone make a TARDIS please All Ears All Ears
That's kinda what the port-a-sci thing is, though.
Yeah, but i want a TARDIS that's bigger on the inside! Ego Orb
It would be kinda cool if there was something like that, I agree. Maybe some parts could be scattered around that can be added to it, which unlocks a room complete with storage for solarium junk and it's own telescience coordinate computer for moving the pod around while riding in it.
Hell, why not just make the Port-A-Sci bigger on the inside instead of making some other teleporting spatially distorted closet? Would help with sorting all of that loot, and it means that the research department would basically have their own little pocket-dimension for doing all sorts of wacky experiments!