Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sec ID Tracking Console
I don't know. I kinda think you shouldn't be able to track someone you haven't previously apprehended except via the AI. The balance between sec and antags is already pretty good, especially in terms of antags' ability to evade capture by losing their tail.

It makes more sense for it to be a detective-y, track-their-movements-via-cardswipe kind of thing than a "press butan for track" kind of thing.
jflan17 Wrote:I don't know. I kinda think you shouldn't be able to track someone you haven't previously apprehended except via the AI. The balance between sec and antags is already pretty good, especially in terms of antags' ability to evade capture by losing their tail.

It makes more sense for it to be a detective-y, track-their-movements-via-cardswipe kind of thing than a "press butan for track" kind of thing.

Agreed. Having the DoorMaster program track swiped IDs would have Sec stick on their toes for the current antagonist, all the proof given, while allowing them to look through previous logs to find exactly where and when Pubbie McShit lost their life before Assahol Syndi stole their ID. More legwork for Sec that doesn't involve legging it around the station would be quite wonderful.

(something something about tracking implants and how Sec can make use of them, but I don't know what!)
Make the doormaster program keep id logs i number strings, like 2946956. That way you have to look up someone's assigned id number in order to start tracking what doors they've been opening, AND you don't immediately know something's up when ID5285252 opens the doors to some location.

This means you generally have to have some idea of what you're looking for before the logs are useful.

Furthermore, spoofed id numbers would be hard to detect, as well as id proxies like spare ids and agent cards.

Emaggs should leave really obvious 000000 strings.