Goonstation Forums
Official Chemistry Thread (Cogwerks) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Official Chemistry Thread (Cogwerks) (/showthread.php?tid=99)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: Unnerf Chemistry(but only a little) - RedbeardRum - 12-11-2012

I thought of another idea similar to my chemical-fart-transferance idea, but much better.

Each time someone takes a drink from a glass, part of whatever chemical is within their bloodstream at that time will be deposited back into the glass (approximately 0.1 in total), kind of like backwash. It'd discourage people sharing glasses, which I always thought was pretty nasty.

Re: Unnerf Chemistry(but only a little) - neogeo0823 - 12-13-2012

Both those ideas are terrible, and you're terrible.

Re: Unnerf Chemistry(but only a little) - CrowdControl - 12-18-2012

Why wont foam work/have a purpose? Smoke should be used to get people to inhale stuff, foam should be used to cover the floor in stuff. Why isn't this the case? Foam could even have multiple agents in it if all effects were to be indirect. And by adjusting your mix of reactors foam could be given a much wider radius.

I know this is a thread for horrible, griefy chemistry ideas but god damn this continues to annoy me.

Re: Unnerf Chemistry(but only a little) - CaptainBravo - 12-18-2012

CrowdControl Wrote:Why wont foam work/have a purpose? Smoke should be used to get people to inhale stuff, foam should be used to cover the floor in stuff. Why isn't this the case? Foam could even have multiple agents in it if all effects were to be indirect. And by adjusting your mix of reactors foam could be given a much wider radius.

I know this is a thread for horrible, griefy chemistry ideas but god damn this continues to annoy me.

yeah, man. the station needs a constant blanket of metal filling the hallways that only the chemist who released it can get rid of

Re: Unnerf Chemistry(but only a little) - enforcer9 - 12-18-2012

CaptainBravo Wrote:yeah, man. the station needs a constant blanket of metal filling the hallways that only the chemist who released it can get rid of
yes pls

Re: Unnerf Chemistry(but only a little) - CrowdControl - 12-19-2012

CaptainBravo Wrote:
CrowdControl Wrote:FOAM

yeah, man. the station needs a constant blanket of metal filling the hallways that only the chemist who released it can get rid of

Metal foam is actually a seperate reagent than the foam that carries reagents. ANd to clarify I'm not suggesting that return to the days when a chemist could use a can of Polytrinic foam, foam, foam, foam, foam, foam to kill the whole station. Only that foam comes into its own and has its own uses.

Re: Unnerf Chemistry(but only a little) - BillyMays - 02-19-2013

Cogwerks Wrote:Speaking of toilet wine... what if toilets were more like bathtubs? Fill the toilet with reagents, use it for horrible hobo chemistry, give someone a polytrinic acid swirly.

a thousand yes's from me, I could give people weed swirlies.

Re: Official Chemistry Thread (Cogwerks) - Anticheese - 02-19-2013

Just restating the contents of my suggestion thread, but you should be able to make other floor coverings using the current carpet chemical reacting with other reagents.

Like Carpet + Silicon could give you AI foyer-style flooring, for instance.

Re: Official Chemistry Thread (Cogwerks) - atomic1fire - 02-21-2013

Discount Dans Swirlie HONK

Re: Official Chemistry Thread (Cogwerks) - Weavel - 02-22-2013

Anticheese Wrote:Carpet + Silicon could give you AI foyer-style flooring

Carpet + Ethanol = Bar Tiles
Carpet + Green Vomit = Botany Astroturf
Carpet + Holy Water = Black Floor Tiles (chapel design is too complicated)
Carpet + Wine = Red Carpet

it writes itself

Re: Official Chemistry Thread (Cogwerks) - Nightgunner5 - 02-22-2013

Weavel Wrote:Carpet + Green Vomit = Botany Astroturf
grass seeds are much easier to obtain and do the same thing.

Re: Official Chemistry Thread (Cogwerks) - Weavel - 02-22-2013

Yes but you can't make Grass Smoke, can you?

Re: Official Chemistry Thread (Cogwerks) - enforcer9 - 02-22-2013

Weavel Wrote:Yes but you can't make Grass Smoke, can you?
If by grass, you mean marijuana, then yes.

Re: Official Chemistry Thread (Cogwerks) - atomic1fire - 02-23-2013

Idea, Chemistry Workplace Safety guide.

It could contain some more practical recipes, and then things that you should not mix or eat, for a small preview of traitor potential.

e.g DON'T INGEST THIS IN HIGH DOSAGE, KEEP AWAY FROM FLAME, HANDLE CAREFULLY, etc.

You know all those warning labels that people ignore, basically like that.

Re: Official Chemistry Thread (Cogwerks) - bladex454 - 02-26-2013

There should be less harm/help in chemistry and more of a multi usage thing going on. Can't really describe it at the moment.