Goonstation Forums
Antag Weighting Feedback - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Antag Weighting Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=8931)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Antag Weighting Feedback - OMJ - 07-09-2017

update- have gone abt 30-40 antagless rounds. i feel like once you hit a certain amt of antags you're gonna need to play a disproportionately large amount of rounds to roll again

RE: Antag Weighting Feedback - Superlagg - 07-10-2017

Honestly, I think the system's learned enough to be scared of you at this point.

RE: Antag Weighting Feedback - OMJ - 07-17-2017

(07-09-2017, 05:44 PM)OMJ Wrote: update- have gone abt 30-40 antagless rounds. i feel like once you hit a certain amt of antags you're gonna need to play a disproportionately large amount of rounds to roll again

then i just rolled 3 ass day antags, one of them was a latejoin. the RNG gods abhor my existence

RE: Antag Weighting Feedback - Wire - 07-17-2017

Oh I forgot to make antag selections during ass day not rely on weighting.

I DID do the change to not affect weighting when selected, just not the other way around. That would explain why you got a lot of no-selections followed by lots of selections. The good news is it wont affect your chances for non-assday rounds.

I'm a good coder.

RE: Antag Weighting Feedback - Wire - 07-30-2017

Oh yah just wanted to mention: antag picks during ass day are no longer chosen by weighting probabilities and are instead entirely random (like the old system basically).

RE: Antag Weighting Feedback - Crystalwarrior - 09-01-2017

I've always thought a system like this would benefit the game a huge deal, glad to see it being implemented on goon!
Probably the reason why I was so comfortable antag-wise on the server, too.

RE: Antag Weighting Feedback - Moon Jesus - 10-09-2017

Would someone theoretically be able to 'cheat' the weighting system by creating a new byond account, therefore having 0 antag rounds and being weighted above others?

edit: didn't read the OP

RE: Antag Weighting Feedback - Wire - 10-09-2017

Actually on that note I made a change yesterday that requires players participate in 5 rounds before they will be considered by the weighting system (it applies a 0 weighting otherwise). It's probably not perfect but hey it's something!

RE: Antag Weighting Feedback - Ed Venture - 10-09-2017

(10-09-2017, 10:08 AM)Wire Wrote: Actually on that note I made a change yesterday that requires players participate in 5 rounds before they will be considered by the weighting system (it applies a 0 weighting otherwise). It's probably not perfect but hey it's something!

Five rounds a day or Five Rounds in general?

RE: Antag Weighting Feedback - Mordent - 10-09-2017

(10-09-2017, 10:47 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: Five rounds a day or Five Rounds in general?

Five rounds a day.

(10-09-2017, 11:13 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 10:47 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: Five rounds a day or Five Rounds in general?

Five rounds a day.

That seems a bit overkill and kinda punishing to long time players. I play up to three rounds a day and before last week when I was a syndie and Traitor the last time I was a antag before that was June. Should I just give up hope on ever being a antag again?

RE: Antag Weighting Feedback - Mordent - 10-09-2017

(10-09-2017, 11:15 AM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 11:13 AM)Mordent Wrote:

Five rounds a day.

That seems a bit overkill and kinda punishing to long time players. I play up to three rounds a day and before last week when I was a syndie and Traitor the last time I was a antag before that was June. Should I just give up hope on ever being a antag again?

Oh my god of course it's five rounds in general. Why would you think five rounds a day?

Cause you said so. Sorry I have a hard time detecting sarcasm though text. That and I was asking a serious question so I took that as a serious answer. Wow rude.

RE: Antag Weighting Feedback - Technature - 10-09-2017

Friendly reminder that sarcasm is difficult to detect with your eyes without effort put into it. Even a /sarcasm would be enough.

RE: Antag Weighting Feedback - Dr Zoidcrab - 10-09-2017

It's not sarcasm if you're trying to mislead gullible people. Heh.