Goonstation Forums
Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote (/showthread.php?tid=5272)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - Lady Birb - 10-16-2016

In a recent round, an admin decided it would be fun to give everyone severe brain damage halfway through the round. Not as bad as some of the others in this thread, but still spectacularly shitty.

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - amaranthineApocalypse - 10-16-2016

(10-16-2016, 02:06 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: In a recent round, an admin decided it would be fun to give everyone severe brain damage halfway through the round. Not as bad as some of the others in this thread, but still spectacularly shitty.

Why do we even have a button for that?

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - zcamperz - 10-16-2016

(10-16-2016, 02:18 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(10-16-2016, 02:06 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: In a recent round, an admin decided it would be fun to give everyone severe brain damage halfway through the round. Not as bad as some of the others in this thread, but still spectacularly shitty.

Why do we even have a button for that?

why DONT we have a button for that

on an unrelated note, i dont see why everyone gets so mad about admin gimmicks. i personally think they are all funny. but i am also a man that throws himself into the crusher every other round, so my argument might be invalid

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - Vitatroll - 10-16-2016

I think any button that can affect one person has the option of affecting everyone. At least that'd make sense.

One time (actually more than once I think) we were churning out strangelets for a shuttle afterparty and an admin (rightfully) thought it'd be funny to give the loaf-carriers brain damage. Certainly helped out a slow round.

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - amaranthineApocalypse - 10-16-2016

(10-16-2016, 03:23 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I think any button that can affect one person has the option of affecting everyone. At least that'd make sense.

One time (actually more than once I think) we were churning out strangelets for a shuttle afterparty and an admin (rightfully) thought it'd be funny to give the loaf-carriers brain damage. Certainly helped out a slow round.

It's not a single target button, it's in the admin Secrets menu it literally says "Give everyone massive brain damage"

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - The_Rain - 10-16-2016

I figure random admin shenanigans are pretty silly, and spice life up.

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - Avack - 10-16-2016

Admin madness is what makes Goon, Goon. One of my fondest memories from the first time I played is when an admin hit a random button and got everyone killed, except for a couple of people on the Ice Moon, who fought off waves of wendigos, ice spiders, shambling abominations and something worse I have never seen since. Spice-ups are important.

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - atamusvaleo - 10-17-2016

"Crew was given massive brain damage" translates to "nothing was altered in any way shape or form."

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - Roomba - 10-21-2016

Please teach Popecrunch some new tricks, because the station blowing up literally every round they're on is getting tiring.

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - Ultimate Shrek Fan - 10-21-2016

(10-21-2016, 08:23 AM)Roomba Wrote: Please teach Popecrunch some new tricks, because the station blowing up literally every round they're on is getting tiring.

Why fix what ain't broken?

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - lambskin - 10-21-2016

If that's the round I'm thinking of, it was an artifact that caused it, not an admin.

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - Bob - 03-08-2017

So um I'm not sure where to put it so how about here? I guess I have a "complaint". So in a recent round I was playing in, it went pretty well, no complaint there. All around fantastic experience in general, but just one little thing. As role-playing the Detective,... So maybe I should explain the scenario as I saw it. So, it's going how you might expect a round late at night with less than ten people on-board to go, and then suddenly things start going wrong. At first all I detect is a loss of atmosphere in the Medbay area and so I'm trying to see what the deal is as carefully as I can, hoping that some crewmate might have a clue as to the situation. Well, as I'm investigating I see a substance around a corner into the hallway spread out and eat up the hull, so I inform the crew of what as far as I can tell is going on at that moment, and shortly after I say something about what I saw, back through the headset comes my own voice again, But I didn't say that... So anyway, we end up in a sci-fi psychological horror detective story, but The thing is (no pun intended), it was very hard for me, because when all hell started to break loose, and all the while going along the way, in the back of my mind I was wondering, or trying to figure out mostly where the thing came from,... and there was this potential feeling, my working theory, I had that this thing responsible wasn't likely one of the crew, or might not have even come from the ship but... long story short, After the round was over, I read in the log that "Shitty Bill" was the changeling. So, I don't know. I don't really have a problem with that on the face of it. I'm not totally sure what "Shitty Bill" is, though. I think I'm looking to close this case.

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - Gannets - 03-08-2017

Hello Bob.

Shitty Bill is the name of an NPC character that lives on the Space Diner. Changeling antagonist players are able to absorb his DNA and alter their appearance to look like they were Shitty Bill. They can also do this to other NPC characters as well as every other played character in the game.

No admin interference is necessary for that interaction. Hope that helps!

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - Bob - 03-08-2017

Is admin intervention necessary in that case to then turn me into another person very quickly while they have me in hand-cuffs?

Or rather alter my characters appearance?

In that way.

Okay so maybe I was wrong. Thank you.

I'm a noob.

Um. Just to be clear. During the round, I wasn't interacting with a "Shitty Bill". I was interacting with "Me"? Just so we're clear?

RE: Admins Messing With Rounds - Please Vote - Vitatroll - 03-08-2017

Even after all the rounds I've played, I still find myself occasionally mistaking player ingenuity for admin involvement.

You can do a lot of crazy shit on SS13.