Goonstation Forums
General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=5)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Sitoutumaton - 12-04-2012

Traitor item for Quartermaster

Fake Syndicate PDA - price 2 telecrystals

Running with the theme of Quartermaster being responsible for shipping produce and ordering goods...he can now order a fake syndicate PDA! It's locked to the contraband goods menu but looks otherwise like the real deal!

The catch? Whenever someone tries to order things with the fake PDA, it blows up in their face with the power of a PDA bomb.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Furbeh - 12-04-2012

Sitoutumaton Wrote:Traitor item for Quartermaster

Running with the theme of Quartermaster being responsible for shipping produce and ordering goods...he can now order a fake syndicate PDA! It's locked to the contraband goods menu but looks otherwise like the real deal!

The catch? Whenever someone tries to order things with the fake PDA, it blows up in their face with the power of a PDA bomb.
Would be a waste of a buy, due to the fact that pda bombs have a chance of slim to none to kill someone. I like the idea of this, but most people leave pdas on the ground and never check them.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Nitrous - 12-04-2012

Furbeh Wrote:Would be a waste of a buy, due to the fact that pda bombs have a chance of slim to none to kill someone. I like the idea of this, but most people leave pdas on the ground and never check them.
I think this was intended as a distraction device for a traitor who has already been caught. Nosy sec dudes might check ones PDA, and inevitably order something if it turns out to be unlocked. So instead of sec getting their mustaches, they get blown their face off. I like it

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Archenteron - 12-04-2012

Furbeh Wrote:
Sitoutumaton Wrote:Traitor item for Quartermaster

Would be a waste of a buy, due to the fact that pda bombs have a chance of slim to none to kill someone. I like the idea of this, but most people leave pdas on the ground and never check them.

Add in the Agent Card-esque ability to register the name of the PDA as Joe Pubbie's, and now you can blow up a Sec agent AND frame Joe Pubbie all at the same time.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Coolguye - 12-04-2012

I'd be really interested in the fake Syndicate PDA if it wasn't a QM-specific thing. A lot of the problem with job-specific traitor items is that after it's become obvious one has been used, the entire Security staff (reasonably) puts out an APB on you. Subtle traitor items don't work for job-specific roles because of that. If it's going to be job-specific, it needs to be something like the butcher knife, grenade kit, etc that you'd only reasonably use if you're ready to cause some serious do or die havoc.

I do think there needs to be more subtle traitor stuff though, there currently is so little in the PDA that can help the traitor with subtlety and misinformation that I rarely unlock my PDA as a traitor. Everything's too obvious and you're better off just getting a flash and messing people up that way. At least then you can be mistaken for a changeling or vampire and cleared of suspicion when they do a blood test or throw you in the chapel and nothing happens.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Zorafm - 12-08-2012

A have an idea for holy water, if you splash it on the wizard, his spells are locked, one second per unit maybe?

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 12-08-2012

Zorafm Wrote:A have an idea for holy water, if you splash it on the wizard, his spells are locked, one second per unit maybe?

That would make the wizard completely defensless unless he had weapons no him beforehand, considering the amount of crew trying to kill one though it would be bad.

Yeah, but the chaplain only has one bottle of it, and it's a weakness to the vampire, so why should the wizard be left out? Wizards are generally more powerful then wizards anyway.

yeah true, but wizards should be a hit and run kind of fighter due to the sheer amount of crew trying to bum rush one if they are detected. I think they should still have phase shift so they can flee at least.

Yeah, you're right, so I guess lock all spells besides blink and phase shift?

Yeah that makes sense.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Preid - 12-08-2012

I can't remember the last time I've seen the wizards win, what's the point of making the chaplain an even bigger pain?

You know, that is a VERY good point of yours.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Nitrous - 12-08-2012

Preid Wrote:I can't remember the last time I've seen the wizards win, what's the point of making the chaplain an even bigger pain?
You obviously haven't seen me in action 8-)

Nitrous Wrote:
Preid Wrote:I can't remember the last time I've seen the wizards win, what's the point of making the chaplain an even bigger pain?
You obviously haven't seen me in action 8-)

yeah Nitrous always dies in under five minutes after forgetting to chose spells