Goonstation Forums
General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=5)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Nightgunner5 - 01-21-2013

If someone is on the same tile as or one tile away from a person who is in crit, they should be heard by the person in crit. That would allow doctors to reassure people who they are saving and murderers to whisper insults into their victim's ears just before they strangle them.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Sitoutumaton - 01-22-2013

Hidden blade.

It can be hidden in a jumpsuit like a derringer, and gives no text indicators (George Sears pulls out a blade from his sleeve/hides a blade in his sleeve!) Attacking with it gives no announcement either, except a stabbing sound.

It shouldnt make much damage though to offset the stealth aspect.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - The Overdong - 01-22-2013

Make traitor mining charges an all-job item.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - V12US - 01-23-2013

Two small ideas/suggestions:

I'd like to see an upgrade for Cyborgs that allows the Cyborg to look like a human. Since it seems that replicants have been removed some time ago for reasons unknown (I only recently started playing again), perhaps the upgrade they started with can be readded as a craftable upgrade in the robotics fabricator? Something like a Holographic Emitter, that when activated replaces your 'cyborg avatar' with a generic human looking version, wearing an outfit based on your current module. It would mostly be just a 'fun' addition with no real point, though in the case of traitors hunting down cyborgs, this (in combination with a name change) could be a useful upgrade to make it more difficult for the traitor to find and destroy the cyborgs.

Another suggestion would be to add a computer outside QM/Cargobay where crewmembers can place custom orders from the spacemarket. Not requests for QM that need to be approved, but actual orders that the crewmembers can pay for with money from their own bank accounts. It would probably take a while to create a list of items that crewmembers would be allowed to order, and what those items would cost (laserguns and such would not be on the list, obviously), but I feel that this could add a lot more room for people to excel at their job when faced with departments that aren't doing their job, or that lack the staff for it. For instance, as a Robotiscist there are a ton of things I'd love to create, but I rarely get the opportunity to do so, because I don't think I've ever seen a miner actually mine.

- Access the Market Computer and look at the items you need, and what they cost.
- Go to an ATM machine, withdraw money
- Enter the money into to the Market Computer
- Make a list of the items you want. Click "Order Now".
- If sufficient funds are available, the items are shipped and appear a few moments later in an ID-locked crate onto a telepad next to the computer.
- Drag the crate back to your department

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - CaptainBravo - 01-23-2013

V12US Wrote:I'd like to see an upgrade for Cyborgs that allows the Cyborg to look like a human. Since it seems that replicants have been removed some time ago for reasons unknown (I only recently started playing again), perhaps the upgrade they started with can be readded as a craftable upgrade in the robotics fabricator? Something like a Holographic Emitter, that when activated replaces your 'cyborg avatar' with a generic human looking version, wearing an outfit based on your current module. It would mostly be just a 'fun' addition with no real point, though in the case of traitors hunting down cyborgs, this (in combination with a name change) could be a useful upgrade to make it more difficult for the traitor to find and destroy the cyborgs.

replicants got removed because they didn't mesh well with the new(ish) way that robotics works, to the best of my knowledge. gonna suggest that 'replicant' be a module type instead, with a tool in the fashion of a cloak or chameleon projector that makes it look like a human when activated. that way there's a bit of room saved for other upgrades(not that people ever give the cyborgs upgrades).

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 01-23-2013

I am pretty sure replicants are in the game, its just that no one asks for synthflesh

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - CaptainBravo - 01-23-2013

i don't know about that. if they were in i'd really expect to see them rarely instead of just never. also fuck that other idea. i guess i forgot that replicants used to have an lower upgrade limit to begin with, some making them via upgrade would make more sense.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - atomic1fire - 01-23-2013

Make replicant a syndicate upgrade, that way you can run terminator gimmicks.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Anticheese - 01-23-2013

atomic1fire Wrote:Make replicant a syndicate upgrade, that way you can run terminator gimmicks.

No. Its rare enough we see replicants anyway!

Although, it'd be neat if the standard syndieborg suit were dropped in price, and a syndieborg replicant added at the current price.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - BlackPhoenix - 01-23-2013

FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I am pretty sure replicants are in the game, its just that no one asks for synthflesh
Replicants AKA Androids got removed with the robotics upgrade, at the same time research for it was removed. Synthflesh is, at the moment, non-functional.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 01-23-2013

Oh too bad

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Nightgunner5 - 01-23-2013

MEDICINES

Something that cures brute damage but causes toxin damage.
Something that cures toxin damage but burns you when it enters your system.
Something that cures burns but makes it hard to breathe without internals while it's in your system.
Something that cures/masks epilepsy.
Something that makes people shut up without knocking them out.
Something that heals all forms of damage without causing addictions, but very, very slowly.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - GorillaMyDreams - 01-23-2013

Nightgunner5 Wrote:MEDICINES

Something that cures burns but makes it hard to breathe without internals while it's in your system.
Something that heals all forms of damage without causing addictions, but very, very slowly.

Just like real life medicine. Only we're not doing that.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Nightgunner5 - 01-23-2013

GorillaMyDreams Wrote:
Nightgunner5 Wrote:MEDICINES

Just like real life medicine. Only we're not doing that.
Which one, specifically, are you responding to? Are you just opposed to anything I say automatically, or is there a real reason you are against making doctoring and chemistry more fun and varied?

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - epicdwarf - 01-23-2013

BlackPhoenix Wrote:
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I am pretty sure replicants are in the game, its just that no one asks for synthflesh
Replicants AKA Androids got removed with the robotics upgrade, at the same time research for it was removed. Synthflesh is, at the moment, non-functional.
WHAT! This is unacceptable, we must add replicants back into ss13!