Goonstation Forums
General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=5)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Winged_Chiller - 01-18-2013

Cogwerks Wrote:
The Overdong Wrote:Touch a fire door to see how hot the other side is. Horrible burns optional.

That is a very cool idea. Combine that with metal floors and walls retaining heat and you'd have one hell of a dangerous station.

No cogwerks. You know that's a horrible idea. The heat from the toxins mixing room alone would be enough to melt everyone on the station.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 01-18-2013

Winged_Chiller Wrote:No cogwerks. You know that's a horrible idea. The heat from the toxins mixing room alone would be enough to melt everyone on the station.

See Oven Station 13. Its happened

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - h3half - 01-18-2013

It's cool idea in theory but the heat values are so off-the-charts that the station would melt pretty quickly

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Conor12 - 01-18-2013

Why are walls immune to 200000°C heats anyway?

The heat should at least get into a few rooms before dying down. (And not kill everyone station-wide thanks.)

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Nameless1001 - 01-18-2013

When you get flashed you can not resist, maybe that should be fixed?

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - atomic1fire - 01-18-2013

Using holy water smoke on walls and windows should prevent wizards from phasing through them.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Nightgunner5 - 01-18-2013

h3half Wrote:It's cool idea in theory but the heat values are so off-the-charts that the station would melt pretty quickly
So basically, we have to fix the crazy numbers we use for heat. And by we I mean cogwerks.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - h3half - 01-18-2013

Nightgunner5 Wrote:
h3half Wrote:It's cool idea in theory but the heat values are so off-the-charts that the station would melt pretty quickly
So basically, we have to fix the crazy numbers we use for heat. And by we I mean cogwerks.
That's a pretty big fix, and I'm going to take a wild wild guess that the code for that is both super complicated and utilizes at least one weird BYOND hack/glitch to make it work. just like every other feature ever

It would be a big project for a cool little feature that would need further balancing work even after it's coded in.

But then again, I don't know anything about the code so if it's easy then do it and be cool 8-)

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Nightgunner5 - 01-18-2013

h3half Wrote:
Nightgunner5 Wrote:
That's a pretty big fix, and I'm going to take a wild wild guess that the code for that is both super complicated and utilizes at least one weird BYOND hack/glitch to make it work. just like every other feature ever

It would be a big project for a cool little feature that would need further balancing work even after it's coded in.

But then again, I don't know anything about the code so if it's easy then do it and be cool 8-)
We could probably just do

Code:
RealTemperature = ( FakeTemperature - RoomTemperature ) * 4.76837e-07 + RoomTemperature

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - CaptainBravo - 01-19-2013

*listbasic and whatever that other one is. except for cyborgs so they can get an idea of whatever twisted little text actions they can do

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Purdie - 01-19-2013

wiz spell: Kamikaze
(magically) dash ahead a random number of tiles (say between 1-99), instantly killing anything in your path, but if you hit any solid objects like a wall, table, segway etc. you explode into gibs. extremely self-limiting, dumb.
wizard chant: YOLO

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Klayboxx - 01-19-2013

Purdie Wrote:wiz spell: Kamikaze
(magically) dash ahead a random number of tiles (say between 1-99), instantly killing anything in your path, but if you hit any solid objects like a wall, table, segway etc. you explode into gibs. extremely self-limiting, dumb.
wizard chant: YOLO

YOLO DASHUS

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Sitoutumaton - 01-21-2013

How hard would it be to have back these features:

Wear the bedsheet as a toga on jumpsuit slot

Cut up paper with wirecutters

They used to be in the game a long, long time ago and I have fond memories of handing in a petition with several names in it for the captain to step down for abuse of power, and he just cut the slip of paper apart to spite us.

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - h3half - 01-21-2013

Sitoutumaton Wrote:Wear the bedsheet as a toga on jumpsuit slot
This would be cool

Re: General Suggestions Thread! V2.0 - Conor12 - 01-21-2013

CaptainBravo Wrote:*listbasic and whatever that other one is. except for cyborgs so they can get an idea of whatever twisted little text actions they can do
I support this.

I would like to know what I can do other than fart.