Goonstation Forums
Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Sprites (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites (/showthread.php?tid=4746)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - Noah Buttes - 08-04-2016

They definitely seem pretty washed out in terms of color and shading.

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - atamusvaleo - 08-05-2016

The tops are fine by me but I'm not the one doing all of this work. You've done a great job so far!
So far as color is concerned, they do seem to blend together a bit in some places. A bit more contrast might help. The hard outline on the old versions really made the edges pop. All in all, well done!

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - Mageziya - 08-05-2016

I've touched up the sprites after taking into consideration what people have said.
 [Image: 4c7f8a60c76e29cd223a99df44067588.png]
They definitely look better now. Darker outlines resolved the most of the washed-out look, though I did adjust the colors on some canisters to be closer to the original sprites' neon colors while not being too overboard. I also tried to increase the contrast of top-bits, also while matching their colors back to the canister color.

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - atamusvaleo - 08-05-2016

citizen slang bro Heck yeah! Looks amazing! citizen slang bro

PS: a single pixel is missing from the wheel on the far right tank.

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - Mageziya - 08-05-2016

Noted and fixed. That happens, which is in part why I post so many WIPs, so that people can point out stuff like that.

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - atamusvaleo - 08-06-2016

I totally understand. That's a lot of work and a few sets of eyes are always helpful. Keep up the great work though! It's great to watch this game evolve

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - Mageziya - 08-06-2016

Lots of things:

First off: Open/Refill sprites! The sprite for when you shove a gas tank into a canister. Every canister uses the same overlay.
[Image: 971fd9185e9593a415e5d87bb7f6e98e.png]

Next: Ruptured sprites! AKA for those moments when you screw up or when the fire that's consuming the station spreads too far.

[Image: 695fdf303233ea507a8ea0540ae6105f.png]

All that's left for the sprites are the canister bomb sprites. I've run into some problems with the sprite feeling weird and clunky, though.
[Image: be8a8c23d12819565a8774b0f0491c73.png]

On the far left is the original sprite for reference. Next is a new sprite in the style of original, and on the right is a new appearance done to try and match the appearance of the primer assembly.

My problem is that nothing really looks good at the moment for the canister-bombs, and space is extremely limited for the sprites. I also have concerns that, depending on the way the layering works, the new open-door/refill sprite will break the appearance if it is somehow layered below the assembly sprite, since you can still refill tanks in a canister when the assembly is attached.

Edit: Still not sure on the can-bomb sprite: [Image: 102286d91130ce6bdf4598336a92848e.png]

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - exulis - 08-07-2016

Hi, I was wondering if we were allowed to request sprites on this thread. Thanks, and I really do enjoy your work

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - Mageziya - 08-07-2016

I do, within reason. Mainly stuff meant for use in the game and the station.

Well, I finally finished the canister respriting. It's as done as I can make it.

[Image: de45cb14c40754e97016aeb1ec8e0dd3.png]
[Image: G7k09c5.png]

I personally gave up on the canister bomb sprite. I couldn't make it personally work, so I just effectively touched up the original design a little bit and let it be. If anyone wants to take a crack at making a good canister bomb sprite, go right ahead.

Attached to the posts are literally modified DMI's of where the original sprites came from. This was done to make implementing the sprites as easy as possible. There were some saving problems, but those should be resolved.

I also don't normally post this, but this is the mess sheet that I used during spriting.
[Image: 3bQRs6w.png]

That should be all.

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - TheNewTeddy - 08-10-2016

Damn, I really like these.

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - Mageziya - 10-28-2016

So I was getting the itching to sprite again, though I didn't know what to sprite.

Then I remembered that spook-tober day was in a few days. So, I present to you a werewolf in an animu dress.

[Image: CV9mnGz.png]
Awoo-gu.

Totally not based off of anything at all. (It is.)

[Image: ygPKrSC.gif]

I don't know if werewolves can even wear "jumpsuit" type clothes in this game, I just made this atrocity because why the hell not. Also, looking at the gif, I forgot to add a tail-hole for the wolfo. Whoops.

Also works with humans!
[Image: hszjOph.png]

[Image: N09PhpL.gif]

The DMI's for this are are far from complete and there are no in-hand or item sprites. I'll make those if there's any interest in putting this in the game, since they're a bit of a hassle to make. As for actual use in the game, it could be for a dumb achievement unlock or the like, since we already have Dio's outfit for vampires, so we may as well go full weeb with the spooktober stuff. I'm also rather sleep deprived as I'm writing this so I have no idea how coherent this sounds.

RE: Mageziya's Very-Irrelevant Sprites - Mageziya - 10-31-2016

Well I've now officially gone overboard with werewolf clothe sprites. I made another shitty piece of clothes at the suggestion of the IRC.

[Image: 0366782a56597346a8c56cca15c5e81f.png]
The jacket that Micheal Jackson wears in the mini-film at the beginning of the thriller music video when he turns into a werewolf.

Its a miraculous piece of clothes that accurately fits both humans:
[Image: PKKG0Ya.gif]

and werewolves!
[Image: wPqs7jo.gif]

I also fixed up the animu werewolf dress to be slightly less terrible.
[Image: tPVBC9u.gif]

and made it actually the fit the werewolf sprite.
[Image: VzAKG21.gif]

And here's the spritesheet for the entire mess, including item sprites. I know the item sprites look a little funky, but I'm not good enough with sprite shenanigans to make them not look funky.
[Image: d9s6iHA.png]

Finally, the DMI is attached. Because why not.

Edit: I have confirmed through experience that werewolves cannot wear clothes in this game. There is value in these atrocities!

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - Haine - 11-01-2016

man somehow I totally missed this thread or something?? you have some great sprites in here + I am going to use a bunch of them

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - Mageziya - 11-01-2016

Thanks!

Side note though, everything on page 1 on this thread is what I consider to be "Oh god no" and were made when I barely knew what I was doing in terms of sprites and dmi stuff, so it's best not to touch any of them.

Also, don't add the canister sprites, at least for the moment. After some discussion, they need to be fixed, but I'm at a point where fixing them is extremely annoying and I don't know how to fully how to fix them. That said, if anyone wants to try their hand at fixing my canister sprites, go right ahead, you have my full permission.

RE: Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites - amaranthineApocalypse - 11-06-2016

(11-01-2016, 02:10 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Thanks!

Side note though, everything on page 1 on this thread is what I consider to be "Oh god no" and were made when I barely knew what I was doing in terms of sprites and dmi stuff, so it's best not to touch any of them.

Also, don't add the canister sprites, at least for the moment. After some discussion, they need to be fixed, but I'm at a point where fixing them is extremely annoying and I don't know how to fully how to fix them. That said, if anyone wants to try their hand at fixing my canister sprites, go right ahead, you have my full permission.

What is it about the canisters that needs to be fixed?