Goonstation Forums
Gang Wars - Official Discussion Thread (Wonk) - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Gang Wars - Official Discussion Thread (Wonk) (/showthread.php?tid=388)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: Gang Wars - Cogwerks - 01-08-2013

Yeah, I don't wanna make it explicitly against the rules to fuck with the gangs as a regular crewmember, just don't be surprised if everyone wants you dead.

Re: Gang Wars - APARTHEID - 01-08-2013

In reverse, don't feel like you have to recruit everyone off the bat; go beat up some Buster and brag about it over the radio. You're the man in charge of the station! Just spawn it and go clip some shit-ass bangers. Gang isn't about "HEY, JOIN ME,"; it's about respect.

Tag up, Beat 'em, Earn it.

Re: Gang Wars - Conor12 - 01-08-2013

Cogwerks Wrote:This would kinda complicate things a lot, but how would you guys feel about having a score-based victory instead of just turfs? Let's say... 5 points per turf controlled, 2 points per surviving member, 30 points for having your leader survive, maybe a few other tracked things too?

I'd change it to 2 points for turf and 5 for surviving members.

I don't think winning a round through sheer spraypaint but having a dead gang makes sense.

Re: Gang Wars - Kaet - 01-08-2013

Does it say how many/who were neutral and how many rooms of the station stayed neutral at the end?
If not then it should.

Re: Gang Wars - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 01-08-2013

Ok, I just want to clear something up. The last round I playedGang the Captain uploaded a law declaring the gangs non-human and gave Security premission is execute gang members. This happened about five minutes into the round, by this time all of the gangs were just tagging as much as they could and no violent altercations occured.

I have two big problems with this:

1. The Captain was pretty much metagaming because he declared the gangs non-human before any gang started to act violently towards anyone, and there was no indication that they would have acted violently at that time.

2. Gang Members are still crew members and are not really traitors, so the Captain essentially declared half of his crew non-human as if he was declaring assistants non-human. Which is obviously against the rules.

I have no problem with this if the Captain uploaded this law after the gangs started acting violently towards non-affiliated crew and Security. But declaring the gangs free to be murdered by the crew before they can even do anything is kinda shit and it really is un-fair to the gangs if the Captain is going to act like a dictator.

Re: Gang Wars - Cogwerks - 01-09-2013

Yeah, that's just from people who haven't played it yet thinking Gang is the same as Revolution. I talked to him and he agreed that it was a shitty thing to do, he was just scared of the gangs and didn't know how he was supposed to deal with them. Some of the gang leaders did try to form a union against the captain, which would have been awesome as hell, but none of the followers seemed to want to listen to their bosses I guess.

Re: Gang Wars - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 01-09-2013

Yeah I agree, I'm pretty sure people getting banned for breaking rules they did not know even exist is awful. I just wanted to post this here so we can clarify this situation.

On the bright side, my gang managed to kill the Captain, and HoP! smile

Re: Gang Wars - mozi - 01-09-2013

an idle thought..

Gangs seem to stick their lockers in any old place, like in the middle of hallways, because there's no downside to doing so. It's a little silly but makes sense: A high traffic area means they're more likely to get random members, and once someone has suited up the locker serves no purpose. Right now locating an enemy's locker doesn't do anything because no one really centralizes their operations.

It might be worthwhile to make defending the locker serve some advantage, to encourage groups to set up a proper hide-out/base, and to have a centralized place where another gang could go if they want to start a direct conflict. The system I was thinking is that gangs could tag an enemy's locker, and until the locker owner removes the tag, they have some sort of disadvantage.

You wouldn't want to make it too severe, because making folks babysit their locker is dull, but how about a gang can't tag new turf while their locker is covered in enemy spraypaint?

Re: Gang Wars - kyle2143 - 01-09-2013

mozi Wrote:You wouldn't want to make it too severe, because making folks babysit their locker is dull, but how about a gang can't tag new turf while their locker is covered in enemy spraypaint?

That's brilliant, I love this idea. I didn't really notice this problem until my last round when nobody was by my gang's locker, but it wasn't a huge deal. Still though, making people have to defend their bases would finally make for proper gang battles.

However, I think the punishment for for having their locker spray painted should be more severe than what you said. I mean some people just ignore spray painting in place of killing gang members. I think that the prize for spray painting another gang's locker should cause one random low powered traitor weapon to spawn inside your gang's locker. But this would only spawn if your tag is on the enemy's locker for a minute or two.

Sec is pretty much the worst job to play and is even moreso on gang. amidst the moping and griping in deadchat someone suggested that sec members be allowed to go undercover, which would be a lot more fun than whatever it is they're currently supposed to do.

Re: Gang Wars - epicdwarf - 01-09-2013

I like the idea of going undercover.

Re: Gang Wars - atomic1fire - 01-09-2013

The problem with giving any sort of buff to security against gangs is it will probably be abused against the crew sooner or later. I'm sure someone will think of a good idea, but it has to be one that is balanced.

I like the idea of attacks on lockers, at this point the maximum amount of locker attacks usually consists of setting the persons base on fire or blocking it with walls so people are dissuaded to join the gang or refill spray paint.

Here's a not awful upgrade for security to deal with gangs, Sec's implants cause gang members to lose gang allegiance. Sec can take the especially worst gang members, deconvert them, and convince them to do gang busting for security.

Re: Gang Wars - Readster - 01-09-2013

Sec already can go undercover. Replace your sec outfit with a grey jumpsuit. Walk up to a gang locker, pretend to join and pick up the outfit. Congratulations, you are undercover. Just make sure to take off your headset or say you've stolen one so people next to you don't question you having access to the sec channel.

Lockers don't open anymore

Re: Gang Wars - FrontlineAcrobat4 - 01-09-2013

You are either a Gangsta or a Busta