Goonstation Forums
Reverse the cloaker nerf - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Bad threads / terrible or unusable ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Thread: Reverse the cloaker nerf (/showthread.php?tid=2589)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - Readster - 06-02-2014

KikiMofo Wrote:Good. That means people can do something else than be invisible for the whole round.

Why do people act like the cloak was the most overused traitor item? I almost never saw the cloak used pre-nerf, now I doubt I'll ever see it used.

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - KikiMofo - 06-02-2014

Readster Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:Good. That means people can do something else than be invisible for the whole round.

Why do people act like the cloak was the most overused traitor item? I almost never saw the cloak used pre-nerf, now I doubt I'll ever see it used.
It was used almost every round by at least one traitor also of course you never saw it used. They were always unseeable.

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - Paineframe - 06-02-2014

Rather than making cloak an invulnerability device that a few people can counter if they have some specific item and enough firepower to counter whatever weaponry the cloaker stole, I much prefer the cloaker as a limited invisibility device that forces people to carefully restrict their actions and take care to be as stealthy as possible, but in turn allows them to move freely while invisible without all the annoying fuckiness of the chameleon projector. Sure, you can't do all the same things that you could pre-nerf, but that's the point of a nerf.

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - Paineframe - 06-02-2014

Readster Wrote:

It wasn't used all that often, but that's because there were only two things you could do with it that couldn't be done with much cheaper stealth items: play an invisible gimmick all round, or steal some weapons and go on a nearly unstoppable murderous rampage.

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - Twoflower - 06-02-2014

KikiMofo Wrote:
BillyMays Wrote:At this point its extremely rare for somebody to even order a cloak, its completely useless right now.
Good. That means people can do something else than be invisible for the whole round.

so wait you're happy that a traitor item is useless because you're mad that people were using a cloaker to cloak themselves

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - UrsulaMejor - 06-02-2014

with the new graphics, can't we make it so you can click a cloaked person? That way you can actually shoot/punch/flash them and "hear their footsteps" (mouse over them) to spot them even without thermals, and then we can get rid of some of this harsh nerf stuff that just happened

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - KikiMofo - 06-02-2014

GuntherHermann Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:
BillyMays Wrote:At this point its extremely rare for somebody to even order a cloak, its completely useless right now.
Good. That means people can do something else than be invisible for the whole round.

so wait you're happy that a traitor item is useless because you're mad that people were using a cloaker to cloak themselves
Please read the entire topic before posting man, or are you just trying to make me look bad by twisting my words? I'm pretty sure everyone has already said why we don't like how the cloaker was.

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - Frank_Stein - 06-02-2014

GuntherHermann Wrote:so wait you're happy that a traitor item is useless because you're mad that people were using a cloaker to cloak themselves
The problem wasn't that the people were cloaked. It was that once they were cloaked, they could shoot, stab, punch, strangle, and pretty much do whatever with hardly any fear of repercussion. With only two thermals, a traitor could easily take out their main counter before the crew had any idea what was going on. Even if the AI wasn't dead or on the traitors side, their ability to impede a cloaker was very minimal with just a little prep from the traitor.

Now, with the current nerf, people are forced to use the cloaker as a strictly stealth item. It's not useless. It's still great for surprise attacks and escapes, just not Predator level rampages, and that is great in my book.

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - Shoddy - 06-03-2014

The cloaker is still one of the best items in the game. people not ordering it is hard to tell because they're cloaked

The #1 biggest rule of combat based on stun weapons is ~get the first hit~

Take into account that a person cannot even know you are there, you can just walk up to them and stun + space them.

It seems like people are just confused that their old tactics of cloak rampage don't work anymore and thus don't order it as much.

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - Readster - 06-03-2014

See I would totally agree with everybody saying that the cloak is now better as a stealth weapon if it weren't for the fact that the two most armed people on the station start able to see you and the AI is always able to see you.

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - Frank_Stein - 06-03-2014

Readster Wrote:See I would totally agree with everybody saying that the cloak is now better as a stealth weapon if it weren't for the fact that the two most armed people on the station start able to see you and the AI is always able to see you.

And they could see you before the nerf, so there's absolutely no change there.

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - Crumplehat - 06-03-2014

It's also really really easy to just clone thermals it's just that nobody ever does it anymore.

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - icarus - 06-03-2014

Readster Wrote:See I would totally agree with everybody saying that the cloak is now better as a stealth weapon if it weren't for the fact that the two most armed people on the station start able to see you and the AI is always able to see you.
1)when you're wearing thermals you can't immediately tell the person you're looking at is cloaked

2)of those two people, the HoS is only there half the time and usually doesn't go traitor hunting because of how people play it. the detective can still see you but if you can't take down one unsuspecting guy, you're not going to do a great job as a traitor anyway

3)even though the AI can't see you it can almost never do anything to you because of the laws, and trying to guide people to the cloaker is almost impossible/against your laws if they bring anything that's not a taser

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - Archenteron - 06-03-2014

icarus Wrote:3)even though the AI can't see you it can almost never do anything to you because of the laws, and trying to guide people to the cloaker is almost impossible/against your laws if they bring anything that's not a taser

"Warning, there is a lethally-armed cloaked figure at [LOCATION]. For the safety of everyone on the station, please do not go to [LOCATION], as there is a cloaked hostile there. I repeat, for the safety of yourself and others, do not go near the cloaker at [LOCATION]"

Re: Reverse the cloaker nerf - thehman03 - 06-04-2014

I am officially the last person Pre-nerf to use cloaker radbow, the day of the nerf, the round right before the nerf, just to cement the fact that it sucked. I killed almost everyone, it was boring for everyone on board and myself. Cloaking is a defensive tactic now, leave it that way.

also you never see a cloaker in use because it's cloaked wink