Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reverse the cloaker nerf
So the cloaker was nerfed recently and I think we can mostly agree that it kind of made the cloaker redundant, or at the very least not worth the price.
Now a lot of people constantly complain about the cloak, and those people are idiots. Regardless this nerf makes the cloak pretty useless, especially when I can now do almost the exact same thing with the chameleon projector which costs way less, and the AI or detective can't instantly out me as a traitor when I'm using that.

This also completely fucks up a number of gimmicks I used to run with the cloaker, so I'm sad about that too.

In short: Reverse the nerf!
yes
revert cloaksen
Please don't. Cloak blows.
I concur with the reversing of the nerf. Ruined some of my fun tricks.
The only functional difference between the cloak and the chameleon projector right now is that it's even easier to walk up to someone while cloaked and point-blank them with a revolver. Which you can buy alongside the cloak now.

I agree that the cloak needed some changes, but I don't think this was the best way to go about it. I'd like to see how it works if it goes back to its old functionality but with more ways to deal with it other than just robots or thermals, maybe make flashes work to disrupt it or have t-ray scanners actually disrupt the cloak instead of just showing its swoosh or whatever they do now.
No, the cloak is now exactly what it should be. A way to cover your escape, or to strike a stealthy first blow.
Yeah no. The cloak is perfect as is. There was nothing shittier than the constant cloaker with thermals rampaging everywhere all the damn time.

Not everyone on board is a goddamn detective or HoS. For the rest of the 98% of the crew the cloak was shit and almost impossible to counter even if you knew the guy was there, which you never did since he was fucking invisible, giving him about 3 or 4 different ways to fuck your shit up before you even knew what happened.
why not just revert it back but give more ways to counter it

maybe some sort of cyborg eye implant you can make in robotics

dip sunglasses in blood for makeshift thermals?

the cloaker needed a nerf, but this nerf just ruins a ton of gimmicks while making it easier to do unavoidable sneak attacks
reverse this nerf

the issue was always that if you didn't have thermals you were totally fucked and only a few people have thermals. so, unnerf it, and then just make it so that flashes disable them and people with Meson Scanners can see through them. there are piles of mesons all over the fucking place as opposed to like 2 thermals so that should make cloaks a powerful item to have but not "haha i killed the Detective and stole his goggles so i am now literally invincible fuck you"
They are fine as they are. I am a person that never uses the cloak but I'm very happy that I'm not getting shot in the head from a cloaker every round anymore. Use the cloak how you should use it. Just sneak in and out quick and fast. Old cloak was just standing around in the room shooting everyone because they can't possibly defend themselves. If anything I think the cloaker should make it so only thermals can see you. AI and Borgs can't unless the borg has thermal vision upgrade if that even works but honestly don't change it back. I'm glad people aren't going on cloaker rampages anymore. Come up with better ideas.
Personally, I don't think the cloaker needed a nerd, so much as more effective counters.

For christ's sake, a cloaker is HORRIBLE for doing ANYTHING stealthy now. If I wanted something to escape with, I'd just use a disposal chute.
GuntherHermann Wrote:why not just revert it back but give more ways to counter it

maybe some sort of cyborg eye implant you can make in robotics

dip sunglasses in blood for makeshift thermals?

the cloaker needed a nerf, but this nerf just ruins a ton of gimmicks while making it easier to do unavoidable sneak attacks

Angry monkeys homing in you by smell
just remove cloaks entirely imo

the only thing they do is making traitor rounds less enjoyable for almost everyone, including most traitors
cloaks are perfectly fine right now and we do not need to return to the days where every round was cloaked laser tag