Goonstation Forums
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP *** - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP *** (/showthread.php?tid=2324)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Cogwerks - 07-10-2014

Oh, hrmph, that seems to be missing a bunch of recent work. I guess I forgot to commit the current version, where the AI and computer core stuff are part of the command wing adjacent to the armory, south of the brig but mirroring it.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - mozi - 07-11-2014

wow!

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Silvercloud29 - 07-11-2014

Wow! I remember looking at the map on goonhub and seeing the station. Why did you flip engineering with sec though? Just wondering for the most part

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Kovirii - 07-11-2014

Wooh, cogmap hype.
Is there any way to light up the dark areas for now?

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Cogwerks - 07-11-2014

Yeah, I can just set the whole map to /area/space and it'll be fullbright for those captures.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Edward_Tohr - 07-11-2014

Is that a Belt Hell route passing through the hallway near QM? All Ears

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Silvercloud29 - 07-11-2014

So what's going to power the new station? Is it going to be the combustion engine? Or is it something like cogmap 2 still up on goonhub with some sort of laser/mirror system? Just interested in what engineering will be dealing with

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Cogwerks - 07-11-2014

Combustion until I have the time and patience to code a new engine.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Sundance - 07-11-2014

Yo cogs, just a mild suggestion about the QM area, but I notice you're making the QM the main market area, which is much better than the current map, which has the QM area SW and the market area is beside EVA.
One quick question, are you placing the wandering merchant shuttles beside QM? Because it'd make so much more sense having them right beside QM/market area.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Terminal Entropy - 07-11-2014

Putting botany next to the kitchen and the bar is just the best thing ever, but I can't seem to find a door behind the bar, so I the only way to get behind the bar table to go through the kitchen?

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Erev - 07-12-2014

The map looks spectacular... though it will certainly take some getting used to. My only worry might be the AI core as it seems more vulnerable in this setup. Breakins to security are fairly common and, even if you wanted to avoid security directly you only need to RCD 3 walls to get into a position that will let you grab freeform and upload. Putting the armory next door only seems like it might make matters worse. Of course we won't actually know until we play on it some.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - RAWK_LAWBSTAR - 07-12-2014

Erev Wrote:The map looks spectacular... though it will certainly take some getting used to. My only worry might be the AI core as it seems more vulnerable in this setup. Breakins to security are fairly common and, even if you wanted to avoid security directly you only need to RCD 3 walls to get into a position that will let you grab freeform and upload. Putting the armory next door only seems like it might make matters worse. Of course we won't actually know until we play on it some.

This is much less vulnerable in my opinion. Now Sec can actually respond in a timely manner if someone is trying to bust into the AI not to mention it's easier to get caught trying to get in.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - QP Evergrande - 07-12-2014

So, will the station be getting bigger, now that the z-level it sits on has more than doubled in size?

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Ali0en - 07-12-2014

Bigger isn't better. Big means people will rarely run into each other.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - QP Evergrande - 07-12-2014

Perhaps, but there's quite a few areas of the new station that look more than a little cramped. Medbay, for example. Using the added space to separate the belt loop from the station a bit, it would be possible to add a monkey pen and put pathology in an isolated area, like it is now, instead of sticking it in a corner that can only be accessed by maintenance tunnel. Also, the test chamber. I think the viewing gallery setup it has now is awesome, but perhaps it could be sticking out a little further away from the rest of the research wing? You get some pretty good explosions in there sometimes, after all. And of course the cargo bay. Yes, I know, with me it's always the cargo bay. It's just that when the QMs are actually doing their jobs, the space fills up fast, and the way crates get pushed and pulled around, it's hard to keep things organized. And I just know that the engineering in the current map preview is too small for a thermal engine of anywhere near the complexity of the current one. So I'm just asking, will all that extra space now be taken advantage of?

On an unrelated note, may I make a suggestion about telescience? It's a little inconvenient to have the expedition supplies in the back like that. The telepad was given a front door so that people could get to it easier, after all, but the equipment meant to be used for that is back in the research zone anyway. Might I suggest making a publicly connected telescience lobby? That side area with the telepad door and the medkit could have public access, for example, but with the control panel walled off in its own booth. Also, the front doors would need their own blast doors controlled from the booth to keep people from just running in and stealing everything.