Goonstation Forums
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP *** - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP *** (/showthread.php?tid=2324)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - BaneOfGiygas - 09-27-2015

To expand a bit on the defense mechanisms, I really like the idea of there being a bunch of different, toggleable devices instead of a fixed set. It makes things more difficult for would-be heisters because they need to actually survey the area and determine what's in place as opposed to just running through the same procedure every time. There should be a physical control panel (not a terminal because those can be quite easily gotten into by silicons) that can be used to toggle the armory defenses, and I think having five total defenses with no more than three active at a time are some nice, solid numbers. I'm also in favor of the knockout gas (Ketamine smoke, most likely), Guardbuddy swarm, AI turret, and floor flushers. I am not, however, in favor of an automated armory lockdown, because there's every chance that that'll leave the unprepared heister stuck in the armory forever and completely unable to escape.

Now, with all of that out of the way, here's my commentary on some more of the Cogmap2 updates:

- The armory's actually gotten a bit of an rework. The actual guns are located inside of a glass box within the armory, connected by some sliding glass doors, meaning that anyone breaking in through the front needs to bust through some windows first. It isn't much of a change, but it's worth noting. Just outside of that glass box, just inside the armory, are a few fixtures: The comms console, an ejection chute, a recharger, and a special AmmoTech dispenser. Its inventory is as follows:
- 6 12ga rubber slugs
- 2 .38 speedloaders
- 3 .38 stun speedloaders
- 3 12ga flares (!)
- 3 40mm smoke shells
- 3 .308 tranq darts
- 3 .308 mutadone darts
- Furthermore, there are a few new additions to the armory: There's a "security-grade grenade box", with 2 crowd dispersal grenades, 2 smoke grenades, 2 flashbangs, and a shock grenade. There are three pairs of thermals underneath the gas masks, and everything on the tables comes in sets of 3. There's also an "anti-biological crate" in the back, containing two pre-made flamethrowers and...a flare gun box! Intriguing.
- The two medkits that the bridge starts out with seem to be randomized.
- The EOD suits and blast helmets have actually been moved outside of the armory into a "crisis cart".
- The Chief Engineer (and only the Chief Engineer, by the looks of it) gets a comms console in their office, which will likely help prevent shuttle tug-o-wars in the future.
- Artlab has a material scanner and recombobulator.
- This has been a thing for a while, but the Pharmacy area in medbay serves a nice way for medicine to be distributed without having everyone who needs a single brute patch clogging up medbay, and the overall layout of the place seems to be designed to prevent the trend of people always breaking into medbay whenever they need to get healed instead of just asking someone who's already in there. A good change, and one that devout medic players will no doubt appreciate.
- There's a furnace and furnace fuel in the sauna?
- The security checkpoints actually have their own lockdowns buttons now.

A solid few new additions, all things said. The fact that security gets flare guns now is interesting, and artlab having material working tools may mean that metallurgy is going to be on the rise again.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Erik - 09-29-2015

[03:38:42] <cogwerks> cruisers
[03:38:47] <cogwerks> will be a cogmap2 launch feature
[03:39:04] <cogwerks> courtesy of erikhanson, keelin (most of the work) and me

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Ed Venture - 09-29-2015

My favorite idea for an armory lockdown so far as to be the knockout gas alarm

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Houka - 09-29-2015

ErikHanson Wrote:[03:38:42] <cogwerks> cruisers
[03:38:47] <cogwerks> will be a cogmap2 launch feature
[03:39:04] <cogwerks> courtesy of erikhanson, keelin (most of the work) and me

What's a cruiser and why should we care?

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Mageziya - 09-29-2015

These are cruisers.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Houka - 09-29-2015

Mageziya Wrote:These are cruisers.

big grin

I cannot contain the hype for this new map. Thank you, folks that are making that possible.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - salix_catus - 10-01-2015

There seem to be a lot of insulated gloves on this map. I know it's

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - salix_catus - 10-01-2015

Still in development, but What's the reasoning behind this? Seems a bit too easy.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Vitatroll - 10-01-2015

salix_catus Wrote:Still in development, but What's the reasoning behind this? Seems a bit too easy.
I noticed the gloves in main. It didn't bother me really. I freely give out gloves for the simple fact that people break into wherever they are anyway. I mean, people will just sit there and break into your department while you're in it without saying a word. Not even a wave. On a side note: Those people get extinguished. I don't mind breaking into a department that has no people available for requests, but breaking into an occupied department just because you didn't want to converse really pisses me off for some reason.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Houka - 10-01-2015

I was told while playing on the test server that the gloves spawn as part of a sort of loot table, and can be randomly found anywhere this loot normally spawns. It could also NOT spawn in these places, and there was a round where there were no gloves anywhere but in the Mechanical Lab.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Asmadeus - 10-18-2015

How long we must feel this torture of looking at this damn work of mad genius and know that it may not be released until end of this year. Or next. Or next...

Kill me already! Shit got too reel for me.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - 69andahalf - 10-18-2015

Asmadeus Wrote:How long we must feel this torture of looking at this damn work of mad genius and know that it may not be released until end of this year. Or next. Or next...

Kill me already! Shit got too reel for me.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Cogwerks - 11-22-2015

s o o n

Let's say it'll be launched on an upcoming weekend before the end of the year. Tentative goal was Dec 1st but I started a new job and some of the associated other-coders' projects I wanted to include in launch have been slowed down a bit by the release of Fallout 4, heh. I wish I could play that frown

I've got some of my art in shows opening on Dec. 4th and Dec. 11th (which is my burfday, honk.) Dec 12th might be a good goal, launch it after work maybe so the weekend crew can go nuts. Would it be dumb as hell to launch the map as a birthday party for myself :{

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Gannets - 11-22-2015

Cogwerks Wrote:Would it be dumb as hell to launch the map as a birthday party for myself :{

Nah, if it's ready by then I say go for it.

Re: Cogmap 2: Map Harder - Ed Venture - 11-22-2015

Hey man take your time we've all waited this long we can wait a little longer. Also congrats on the new job and your artshow!