Goonstation Forums
Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is lame - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is lame (/showthread.php?tid=1709)

Pages: 1 2

Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is lame - Isaacs Alter Ego - 10-16-2013

It used to be that traitors could see other traitors with sunglasses on, right? Why not bring that back, just all the time? It'd still be different than Nuke mode since it'd be more about stealth than just outright blowing everyone up. Just make it a rule that traitors can't kill other traitors on purpose and can see each other. Is there some reason this isn't the case? Most other games like this, Mafia or TTT, have all the antags be on the same team, since if they're not it ends up being pretty lame for most of them.

Re: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is - Lainge - 10-16-2013

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA[/youtube]

Re: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is - Lainge - 10-16-2013

Well that didn't work at all.
Either way.
Traitors are not allies.
"Escape on the shuttle alone"
"Kill X Traitor the nerdicist"

sorry for triple post but god damn where is edit?

Re: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is - Isaacs Alter Ego - 10-16-2013

Third time's the charm.

Anyway, at the very least I think traitors shouldn't be given goals to kill each other... The last 4-5 times I've been a traitor, I've been done in by another traitor. And whenever I encounter another traitor, I don't really want to kill them, because it kinda puts a damper on the most entertaining part of the game for someone. I feel like the traitor-vs-traitor thing is accomplished by the Spy mode.

Re: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is - icarus - 10-16-2013

Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:Third time's the charm.

Anyway, at the very least I think traitors shouldn't be given goals to kill each other... The last 4-5 times I've been a traitor, I've been done in by another traitor. And whenever I encounter another traitor, I don't really want to kill them, because it kinda puts a damper on the most entertaining part of the game for someone. I feel like the traitor-vs-traitor thing is accomplished by the Spy mode.

traitor vs traitor duels can actually be more fun (provided one side isn't a cloaked unstoppable killing machine) because both people don't have to worry about keeping the other alive or collateral damage

and the mark of the best traitor is one who can get people killed without just walking up to them and c-sabering them

also how often do spymasters actually find the other spymasters in spy anyway

Re: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is - Spy_Guy - 10-17-2013

icarus Wrote:also how often do spymasters actually find the other spymasters in spy anyway
Not that often, because the policy appears to be "KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES except my guys"

Having traitors get other traitors as objectives means that they themselves are never free from looking over their own shoulders, which I think is alright.

Re: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is - Admiral jimbob - 10-17-2013

I'd be for bringing back the ability to see other traitors when wearing sunglasses. I think they were thinking about putting in something like being able to see each other if you're both wearing agent cards but honestly how often does more than one person have an agent card? Even if you make it that both people have to be wearing sunglasses - it would have the added benefit of adding a slight downside (for the ultra-sneaky or antisocial traitor) to wearing the magical flash-preventing gear that is otherwise an automatic grab and equip for any traitor.

Re: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is - Chike101 - 10-17-2013

That's... kinda silly. I admit, it was useful in the case where, as a Changeling HoP with sunglasses, I gave a vampire who just got off the shuttle an all access card with the job title 'Vampire Hunter', but that was it. Traitors only use the sunglasses to identify other traitors to get cool loot. Also, making them work together as a team is dumb, because they're really powerful on their own, anyway. How many times have you seen a nuke team slaughter everyone on the station, corrupt the AI, and cut power? Lastly, forcing traitors to work together would make it harder for them, because it will always be terrible (unless they have a really nice gimmick planned). Leaving the coordination (and lack thereof) completely to the player is what makes it fun, not a message from the game.

Re: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is - Xenonia - 10-17-2013

Why not do what
Frogsiren Baystation Frogsiren
does and give traitors code phrases to identify each other? They have a way to identify each other without being too suspicious. But make the phrases odd, so that it would seem suspicious to just go around saying the same thing over and over, and only be useful if you really needed to know if someone was a traitor.

Re: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is - Weavel - 10-17-2013

I remember beta Spy/Gang/whatever using emote sequences to find your squad e.g. Public 1 claps, Pubbie 2 winks back

Tagging along in mini-squads was fantastic fun, if it was added rather than the giant red murder-me-for-cool-gear symbol, it would let people keep some stealth

Re: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is - Readster - 10-17-2013

Reasons sunglass identification was taken out:

1)
-"Hey you're a traitor too, want to team up?"
-Pubbie Joe shoots at Traitor Tim with the revolver
-DEAD:Traitor Tim moans, "What the fuck?!"
-HELP "wtf Pubbie Joe killed me as another traitor"

2)
"Lol sec I'mma work with you and hunt down the other traitors with my sunglasses."

Re: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is - Sundance - 10-17-2013

Xenonia Wrote:Why not do what
Frogsiren Baystation Frogsiren
does and give traitors code phrases to identify each other? They have a way to identify each other without being too suspicious. But make the phrases odd, so that it would seem suspicious to just go around saying the same thing over and over, and only be useful if you really needed to know if someone was a traitor.

Of the very few stuff on bay I like, this is one of them, and I really like it.

Re: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is - atomic1fire - 10-17-2013

I think it would be kind of neat if there was some kind of vigilante option.

e.g only kill the traitor, don't hurt anyone else.

of course I have no idea how that would work gameplay wise.

Plus security will be swarming you either way so trying to only kill one person who could potentially kill you is sort of hard mode.

/been watching too many episodes of arrow.

Re: Just have Traitors be on a team, traitor vs. traitor is - Isaacs Alter Ego - 10-17-2013

Readster Wrote:Reasons sunglass identification was taken out:

1)
-"Hey you're a traitor too, want to team up?"
-Pubbie Joe shoots at Traitor Tim with the revolver
-DEAD:Traitor Tim moans, "What the fuck?!"
-HELP "wtf Pubbie Joe killed me as another traitor"

2)
"Lol sec I'mma work with you and hunt down the other traitors with my sunglasses."

Couldn't both those things just be made bannable and they'd work themselves out