Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blob round suggestion
(08-23-2016, 11:28 PM)Roomba Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 10:38 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Of course I've never seen the crew make flamethrowers mixed with radium, acids or poisons, but I feel like that would be an effective blob fighting tactic

While very effective it's hard to mix it up in large enough quantities to make a significant dent in the blob, and the moment you run out the blob will counterattack with a vengeance. Welding fuel might not be the best but it's practically unlimited and all you have to do is lug a fuel tank around.

Protip: there's a little known combination of chems that is specifically designed to absolutely destroy blobs.
(08-24-2016, 08:39 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 11:28 PM)Roomba Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 10:38 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Of course I've never seen the crew make flamethrowers mixed with radium, acids or poisons, but I feel like that would be an effective blob fighting tactic

While very effective it's hard to mix it up in large enough quantities to make a significant dent in the blob, and the moment you run out the blob will counterattack with a vengeance. Welding fuel might not be the best but it's practically unlimited and all you have to do is lug a fuel tank around.

Protip: there's a little known combination of chems that is specifically designed to absolutely destroy blobs.

Canbomb + telepad + sacrifice + AI or known location of nucei
I just mix a whole bunch of easy blob damage chems like cyanide, radium, the acids, etc. into a 100u beaker, top it off with radium, and turn that into 5u pills. I then drop one pill into a fuel tank and use that to go ham on the blob. I imagine the more units the better, but I recall it working far better than a standard flamer with just the trace amounts.

The king of antiblob for me is having a few spacesuit wearing fiends on the ready and dropping a ttv on it's nuclei. That or a single borg with a shield and potassium/water reactions.

I'm glad blobs are back to two per mode, but I do hope it's dependent on round pop. I'd rather not see any blobs with 10-15 people on, even if it's entirely possible to counter one - they just wont.

I forget. Is there a way to move things like nuclei? I know you can move certain cells like reagent deposits so you can hook them up to launchers to shoot the chems (or something like that), but I forget about nuclei. I think it'd be a good thing to have on a very long timer or expensive button. People make mistakes. Bad luck happens. Etc.
As blob-king, things that I actually worry about are:
  • A dedicated group of nerds with spacesuits, lasers guns and flamethrowers (it has to be a variety of damage or I can block it all with a single type of tile improvement).
  • One or more fuckin jerks with a c saber god fuck.
  • Pretty much any type of bomb, although can-bombs are the worst as I can't absorb them (side note: I have managed to absorb a few primed pipe-bombs in my time, which I'm sure really pisses off the thrower).
  • Honorable mention: Anyone equipped with the above who gets up in my shit via telescience or the voltron is extra annoying.
This information was not requested and is of dubious use but there ya go.
Oh man, c-saber fighters are the worst. The only time I met one was when the chef saw me. God, you can't imagine the battle between me trying to spread and attack and the chef trying to destroy me. Glad nobody was around or I would have ended dead. And I absorbed the c-saber asap.
(08-24-2016, 07:55 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Oh man, c-saber fighters are the worst. The only time I met one was when the chef saw me. God, you can't imagine the battle between me trying to spread and attack and the chef trying to destroy me. Glad nobody was around or I would have ended dead. And I absorbed the c-saber asap.

I think I was AI that round. C sabers destroy blobs, even non-robust crew can get a c saber from somewhere and kill blobs much easier. The first time I saw wireblob someone gave out like 3 c sabers somehow and there was no chance.
hello i gave a writing in another thrread complaining about blobs so i will copy the relevant part here

i guess it would be nice if absorbed bodies werent utterly unclonable and unborgable. then body retrieval from the guts of a blob could result in a re-bolstering of your forces and promote more struggle. maybe rather than digesting and destroying people, the blob could assimilate their bodies into its structure, making rescue a valid option.

this could even open the door to the blob being able to communicate via the trapped bodies and headsets of its assimilated people

new addition: since the trapped bodies will be tempting to rescue, they could make perfect "human shields" for a nucleus, if the blob could shift them around, or bait for a blob's tricky trap

oh yeah, and i was proposing some shit like maybe a blob could go into panic survival mode and get boost if it gets beaten up and chased back to being small tile size, so cornered blobs don't get stomped too easily
Or even the bodies in the blob will punch or kick you if you are standing next to them. On top of the blob's regular attack.