Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Day of Destiny (LLJK #1 RP Campaign - Thank You For Playing!)
I'll be honest, I didn't enjoy the two rounds today. That's mostly because I was killed early on despite not having done anything "wrong".

I simply had nothing to do as AI in the first round (raise shields and give telescience coordinates, no one was paying attention to my alerts) and then got promptly killed by a piloted drone.

Second round a non-antag used the lame-ass route into the AI core to come in and beat me to death with a wrench. I hadn't even killed anyone, only minorly inconvenienced a few. This is what I get for thinking "dying isn't fun" when I'm playing a pseudo-antag and not just murdering people because I can.

I'm not going to play AI in events in future.
i think this one was a lot more enjoyable than the first season

episode 1: station is under attack by syndicate drones and i heroically ran out and broke a window to let them in and kill everyone

episode 2: there was a big meeting and since qm didn't have any representation at the meeting i organized a strike. i got beat to death by the hos and got cloned and eventually lead the revolution to successfully assert the destiny's independance from nanotrasen and forced the loyalists to flee. many lives were lost but it was worth it (RIP rain)

episode 3: after the events of the revolution, nanotrasen sent in a spec ops team to destroy the station with a nuke. however there was an accident and everyone was accidentally warped onto the shuttle that was supposed to drop us off. ironically i was part of the nanotrasen ops team sent to carry the nuke
I'm sorry, Mord. I tried to talk to the AI and respond. I am just not good at it, and I had no reason to in most roles.

Also, yeah. She got stuffed full of Bo Jack's until she kept puking, stuffed into a locker and left. They found her and spaced her. She got recovered but was dead after a minute or two. She got the worst death, I think. At least she asked that no animals be hurt. And her dog. The events were a hoot, though the battle botanist was useless. The nuke mishap was hilarious.
I have never heard so many people *scream at once before, and I've seen ant smoke
The Smiling Man visited Destiny today. It was the most fun I've had on SS13 in maybe forever. Highlights: attempting to fight the smiling man with my bare hands, flipping him the double bird as I died.
Highlights of the Smiling Man murder mystery: my character suffering a guilty breakdown and sacrificing himself to the Smiling Man, whereupon he became the successor, gaining the mask, switchblade, and the horrible sight of the old Smiling Man exploding.

A++
(08-20-2016, 01:58 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Highlights of the Smiling Man murder mystery: my character suffering a guilty breakdown and sacrificing himself to the Smiling Man, whereupon he became the successor, gaining the mask, switchblade, and the horrible sight of the old Smiling Man exploding.

A++

Weston Jackson's ghost was very disappointed in your cowardice.
(08-19-2016, 11:47 PM)The_Rain Wrote: I'm sorry, Mord. I tried to talk to the AI and respond. I am just not good at it, and I had no reason to in most roles.

Also, yeah. She got stuffed full of Bo Jack's until she kept puking, stuffed into a locker and left. They found her and spaced her. She got recovered but was dead after a minute or two. She got the worst death, I think. At least she asked that no animals be hurt. And her dog. The events were a hoot, though the battle botanist was useless. The nuke mishap was hilarious.

Yeah i fucked up as botanist that round, i swear i'm not usually that useless.

I wasn't even trying to be a battle botanist, my original plan was to hide in maintenance, monitor the PDA messages and start spoofing PDA messages from the heads to the AI to try and get them to self destruct with suspicion. Which sort of relied on the AI being alive >_>

I only ended up in sec because QueenRhi sent me a PDA message saying she was trapped in sec then forgot to tell me when she escaped.
Oh no! I meant me. I was a botanist the first episode. As it turns out, botanist vs drone is kind of a lopsided match.

Weston was great, and a good friend - especially while Roman was tormenting her/me.
Fuck "Traitor Gear at Bar" guy. This week's got lamed out due to power-gaming nerds.
(08-20-2016, 09:45 AM)Lu Yan Wrote: Fuck "Traitor Gear at Bar" guy. This week's got lamed out due to power-gaming nerds.

yeah fuck that guy he was a horrible nerd
it was such a breaker that the round literally RESTARTED after he did that (i don't regret burying myself in a trash cart all round)

incidentally is it just me or both Days of Destiny, the first episode has boiled down to, at the end, "oh shit drones oh fuck ah jesus the ship is fucked oh jesus drones aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
Son of a dangit, I missed it again frown
oh and do remember that while the events are great, it's all about putting aside a day for all the destiny nerds to know when to come together. I honestly had a lot of fun when it was just all the people, who were waiting for the events to start, keeping the ship together, cus it led to these two moments.
[Image: def91baa74.jpg]
[Image: 8b083fe553.jpg]
(08-21-2016, 08:37 AM)Dions Wrote: oh and do remember that while the events are great, it's all about putting aside a day for all the destiny nerds to know when to come together. I honestly had a lot of fun when it was just all the people, who were waiting for the events to start, keeping the ship together, cus it led to these two moments.
[Image: def91baa74.jpg]
[Image: 8b083fe553.jpg]

Heh, I was there for the first one. We had a full Medbay staff that round, and with all the station injected with health implants and nothing going on, decided to all hit the bar. One of the best rounds I've played as a doctor, and there wasn't actually all that much doctor-work to be done. Destiny medics are the best.
#wow #whoa #update