Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Day of Destiny (LLJK #1 RP Campaign - Thank You For Playing!)
edit: Please note that the Day of Destiny has been rescheduled.

Summary:

Hi there, folks.

At the beginning of 2016, the LLJK #1 server was brimming with RP nerds wanting to have a little fun in a semi-serious setting. LLJK #1 has calmed down significantly since then – too much so, to the point where people prefer not to join as there simply aren’t enough players to make it fun and exciting.

We hope to change this on Friday.

As previously discussed in the Destiny & RP on Goonstation thread, the administration has expressed some interest in establishing a new sort of RP event on the LLJK #1 – NSS Destiny server. Inspired by Frank_Stein’s request for episodic content / campaign-styled play, we’ll be launching our pilot project on Friday at 4:00 PST. We expect this pilot project to last three rounds / episodes, with the first event involving the launch of the NSS Destiny (aka Episode One: T - 60 Minutes). Episode Two ("SOS") and Three ("A Date with Destiny") will hopefully help to create a somewhat consistent and coherent plot line, drawing on consequences from previous rounds, for players to follow along.

FAQ:

What exactly is the NSS Destiny?

The Nanotrasen Starship (NSS) Destiny is a recently recommissioned exploration vessel dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and profit. This ship is located far from the Sol System in some unknown quadrant located on the other side of the Channel. Oh yeah, also, the year is 2053 in case you're a giant obsessive nerd like me. For OOC stuff relating to "what are the rules" or "how much do I have to RP", you can find all of that sort of information in the Destiny & RP on Goonstation Thread (http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=5636)

Is this a one-off thing?

Yes, but we have another three-episode storyline prepped and ready if this goes well.

When/where is this happening?

The next event will be happening soon, probably on a Friday afternoon on LLJK #1. Here's the server link: byond://lljk1.goonhub.com:26100/

Can I make suggestions for events?

Hell yes. Try to keep them feasible and within the scope of what already exists in the game.

You did a terrible fucking job explaining this, how does it work?

Over the course of three rounds, the administration will be creating an RP-centric campaign for players to participate in on the NSS Destiny. Each episode will have its own little plot / direction, while contributing to the greater story arc. Frank_Stein explains it best: "I kinda like the idea of Day of Destiny being a kinda episodic campaign, with a consistent story with updates and consequences from the events from last time."

--

Alright. That should be it. Feel free to ask questions or post ideas and whatnot.

edit: ty dions

[Image: d71c1eec73.jpg]
Episode Suggestion: The Syndies Are Due on Space Station 13
Inspired by the Twilight Zone episode by the name "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street", this little story would start with the captain of the Destiny intercepting a transmission from the syndicates stating that a spy has been planted among the crew. After calling a meeting and having everyone group up in the bar, he gives a brief summary about the transmission and to be wary of people with dangerous weapons, chemicals, and traitorous gear. As the shift goes on, different people are found with said dangerous items and the crew becomes paranoid enough to shoot an innocent member down. In which at that point, all the crew members would gear up to protect themselves and get revenge, and the entire station would devolve into chaos. In the end, after the crew has slaughtered themselves in a desperate attempt to escape the syndicate, it turns out the syndicate had never sent a spy at all. Instead they sent the transmission in the open hoping it would be picked up, and that the denizens of Space Station 13 would be their own downfall.
So if I miss this one I'll be missing out on stuff in the next one??
(07-27-2016, 12:55 PM)poland spring Wrote: So if I miss this one I'll be missing out on stuff in the next one??

Nah, I think you'll be alright. The episodes will be all interrelated within a single session, but I don't see stuff carrying on from session to session.
I am guessing the 4:00 is PM because it doesn't specify.
Corrections made, thank you.
So do people use different names on destiny, obviously having s Jean-Luc Picard walking around isn't exactly roleplay.
(07-27-2016, 06:27 PM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: So do people use different names on destiny, obviously having s Jean-Luc Picard walking around isn't exactly roleplay.
Nobody cares about whatever people name themselves. Why do you all think Destiny is full of draconic measures and forced behavior. Me and Bill almost went with an idea involving Ass Monsters.
(at least try to) Do your job, treat bad shit with gravity, and listen to the jerk with the biggest hat.  That's it folks! You're Roleplaying!
Damn, I wish I didnt have plans on that day, this sounds like alot of fun! lets hope this gets enough people. maybe advertise it in game on LLJK 2 so the players that dont read the forums can know about it.
you should include other timezones too like b(EST)
(07-27-2016, 01:05 PM)Wonkmin Wrote: 6

(07-28-2016, 04:30 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: 6

????
(07-28-2016, 07:17 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: ????

Six. Duh.

This number will have great significance throughout the episodes.
(07-28-2016, 09:22 AM)BurntCornMuffin Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 07:17 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: ????

Six.  Duh.

This number will have great significance throughout the episodes.

Oh god if you guys are doing more solarium-esque shit over the course of a TV show I'm going to scream
(07-28-2016, 10:11 AM)Totheark Wrote: Oh god if you guys are doing more solarium-esque shit over the course of a TV show I'm going to scream

Project A119, also known as "A Study of Lunar Research Flights", was a top-secret plan developed in 1958 by the United States Air Force. The aim of the project was to detonate a nuclear bomb on the Moon which would help in answering some of the mysteries in planetary astronomy and astrogeology. Had the explosive device not entered into a lunar crater, the flash of explosive light would have been faintly visible to people on earth with their naked eye, a show of force resulting in a possible boosting of domestic morale in the capabilities of the United States, a boost that was needed after the Soviet Union took an early lead in the Space Race and was also working on a similar project.

The project was never carried out, being cancelled primarily out of a fear of a negative public reaction, with the potential militarization of space that it would also have signified, and because a moon landing would undoubtedly be a more popular achievement in the eyes of the American and international public alike. A similar project by the Soviet Union also never came to fruition.
Here's a lose idea for one:
Deep Freeze
This one is based around the NSS Destiny freezing, from a COld Star.
Not sure what else to add, someone help?