Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oshan Critter Ideas
Well if we are dredging up old critters what about trilobites?
(08-30-2018, 01:28 AM)Erev Wrote: Well if we are dredging up old critters what about trilobites?

I actually sprited one a while back. The perspective on it is pretty weird, and the colors are a bit simplistic, but I'll give a shot at refurbishing it now that I've improved a bit!
can we have tires, used batteries, and other trash that belongs in the ocean just drifting about harmlessly ?
(08-30-2018, 08:08 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: can we have tires, used batteries, and other trash that belongs in the ocean just drifting about harmlessly ?

this aint earth yo
gannets needs sprites badly
This seems so obvious it probably already is in and I just haven't run into it yet but: Cluwnefish

Also maybe tiny crabs that could also be possible Ghost Critters [Image: QGRSVeB.gif] [Image: QGRSVeB.gif] [Image: QGRSVeB.gif]

[Image: f5TrQ5N.gif]
Heres some jellyfish sprites I made a few days ago. A few people have said they look a little artificial and I agree but I haven't had time to try and round out their top.
[Image: 99h9WBv.gif]
[Image: BFRtlOM.gif]
Player controlled rock lobsters
(08-30-2018, 12:38 PM)ZeWaka Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 08:08 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: can we have tires, used batteries, and other trash that belongs in the ocean just drifting about harmlessly ?

this aint earth yo

you expect me to believe an untainted wilderness like Abzu doesnt have a thriving flora of lead-acid cells and Bridgestone radials freely multiplying amongst its reefs ?
(08-29-2018, 02:12 PM)Berrik Wrote: SHAAAAAAAAARKS

With 1% chance to spawn as a shart instead, with the ability to spray ink.
A giant cartoon clam with a giant cartoon pearl in it that may or may not sever your arm if you try to snatch it.
(09-01-2018, 02:44 PM)APARTHEID Wrote: A giant cartoon clam with a giant cartoon pearl in it that may or may not sever your arm if you try to snatch it.

This got me thinking? Can mobs be bigger than 32x32? So that that take up multiple tiles like pods do? If so, you could make some really GIANT clams, or fish, or sharks, or whales. It'd be fun to see NPC's that are harder to fight than beepsky, but not instant death like some eldritch abominations.
Yes
Sinistarfish
How about a whale or two? Big slow dopey creatures floating about and happily eating krill. Also might be able to get some blubber from them for your whaling fantasies.