Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do i do a letsplay
hi i have a microphone and i wanna do a lets play. how do i do this
Pick job, talk about it, do stuff, narrate, get gently annoyed as I crash all your videos in a way that would absolutely probably get videos demonitized with the amount of violence and or salt emitting from me.
(02-09-2018, 03:48 PM)Xeram Wrote: Pick job, talk about it, do stuff, narrate, get gently annoyed as I crash all your videos in a way that would absolutely probably get videos demonitized with the amount of violence and or salt emitting froifaekofhwepotrheoitfgqwegiowefjkowehf;oi2qtwhrjkq
i'm just gonna shitpost while i talk about it, i'm a natural shitter so me physically doing to LP should be easier than me four shots deep. more so interested about what software do i need to set up for like recording myself and video recording and splicing shit. cuz i don't know how to do that shit
I think most of our videonerds left, brub. I say brub, but I just googled that and found out it meant brother-husband. Neat! So anyways hubberino, yer best bet is Google. Voltron army used to be a sweet place for new LPers but I think it went defunct ages ago.

My experience with LPs are too outdated, so I'll point you to the wiki because it apparently has one now and the subreddit because assholes on reddit always know everything.

Also might wanna check out SA as LPs originated from there. Basically though just getting hammered and spouting whatever inane/insane ideas you have is good enough to start a cult. Sounds like a plan to me!
Also I'd say for a game like SS13, live commentary has more potential to be funny, but is gonna be more taxing since you need to keep talking whenever you play and not every round is particuarly interesting/good material. While with post commentary you can record a bunch of games and commentate over ones that are interesting.

So its probably a good idea to decide early on whether you want to record and do live commentary with the possibility that your gameplay/events are potentially boring, or record a bunch and do post commentary over good/interesting ones.

Also it's probably a good idea to consider what style you're trying to angle your LP, is it informative, is it comedic etc.
(02-09-2018, 07:05 PM)Xeram Wrote: Also I'd say for a game like SS13, live commentary has more potential to be funny, but is gonna be more taxing since you need to keep talking whenever you play and not every round is particuarly interesting/good material. While with post commentary you can record a bunch of games and commentate over ones that are interesting.

So its probably a good idea to decide early on whether you want to record and do live commentary with the possibility that your gameplay/events are potentially boring, or record a bunch and do post commentary over good/interesting ones.

Also it's probably a good idea to consider what style you're trying to angle your LP, is it informative, is it comedic etc.

i'm smoking big gas and talking my shit and playing the spaceman game
the way most people do it is just record a bunch of rounds and talk over them and shit. upload interesting ones. specifically traitor rounds are more interesting to watch. i've done 1 ss13 video and I was AI, got subverted, did some murder. that got a decent amount of views