Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
diversify chemistry
as it stands most chems are either flat heal chems or "lol u ded" that span a spectrum of "agonizingly slow" or "almost instantly", and in-between stuff in order to make the chems mentioned prior. 

what im suggesting is add more effects to chems. make chem cocktails a thing. make bad chems impart good effects that have to be counteracted by good chems that also may impart a negative sideeffect

this was inspired by me being prescribed medication that has sideeffects that can be potentially mitigated by other medicines or exercise/whatever
I think this could be fun. More side effects of beneficial drugs. 

Maybe you could even have it interact with genetics, where only some people have the chance of it occurring?

Like, if obesity is a dormant trait, something healing you could pop it off

Or maybe it has a chance to make your hair fall out
(02-09-2018, 02:17 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: this was inspired by me being prescribed medication that has sideeffects that can be potentially mitigated by other medicines or exercise/whatever
Haaah. Recursive pharmacology at it's best.

Here, take this. Here, you need this to offset that. Here, you need that to offset this. Here, take these as well! It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

Still have problems? Stop smoking/drinking, because that's your problem. Stay on the meds forever though. Don't smoke or drink? Exercise more says I, the man who looks pregnant with twins! You exercise alot? Here, let's start you out on this pill regimen pushed to me by big pharma reps. I'm totally not influenced by all their free food and other totally not bribes.

Completely derailing post here but seriously, fuck (most of) the (USA) medical industry.
As someone who hates chems with every fiber of my soul cause I believe most chems are instant win items. I like this idea its far more interesting then nerfing them like I've been asking for years.
horrible idea: reagent allergies

Having certain mutations active or inactive causes you to react either very badly or very goodly at certain reagents. This could be used to let chemistry predetermine who has certain mutations without genetics help, or be used to kill one person a targeted chem cocktail.